Join now - be part of our community!

Sony 3D Experience Is Woeful!!!!!!!!

profile.country.en_GB.title
Spongebob290
Visitor

Sony 3D Experience Is Woeful!!!!!!!!

Hi all  I am so pleased to see that I am not the only one having problems with 3D. I bought my KDL 46 NX723 Bravia TV two weeks ago after the Sony rep convinced me to. I was on the verge of buying an LG passive 3D tv....how I wish I had 

The 3D is absolutlely dreadful on this very poor performance TV and I AM DEFINITELY sending it back....the Glasses ( 4 sets £280.00) the TV, the bass booster system the bluray player and the cables (60 quid)

I play movies from Blu Ray...I play internet movies...X Box games....Sony 3D content .....all the same...so much crosstalk it is unwatchable.

I rang the Sony rep and he told me he never had complaints about this TV and I was the first person to be negative. (Thats rubbish...I am a sales manager for a large engineering company and that is a standard sales response) and you only have to look on here to see that its rubbish!!!!!!

I stood in the shop and watched the LG play movies and games and it was awesome!!!!  I had my hand in my pocket and this rep came over and showed me the Sony TV.....This guy persuaded me the Sony was the best buy. Real HD...internet ready....robust...he even belted the screen with the remote to prove it was tough....and I fell for it, hook line and 1500 quids worth of sinker!!!

I have spoken to Comet ...replacement TV came this morning and it is exactly the same....I spoke to Ahmed from Sony support in Egypt who is sending me some filters....(according to a guy in here his were sent 4 weeks ago and he still aint got them).

I have lost all confidence in Sony and will NEVER buy anything from them again. I do not believe the filters will make any difference. If there is anyone who has actually received some I would like to be proved wrong...otherwise I am getting my money back...I would advise all who can to do the same.

Rob

Message was edited by: -Soup-

Personal details removed

5 REPLIES 5
Spongebob290
Visitor

Hello Again,

I took the tv back to Comet....and they gave me a Samsung 46" tv as a replacement. 🙂   I got lucky some others on here cannot do that.

The Samsung is very good....admittedly there is still a little crosstalk but barely noticeable.  I am very pleased with it.

Dont put up with the crap from Sony....if you cannot watch the tv as it is such a bad picture then take it back and demand a replacement. IT IS YOUR RIGHT!!!

Rob

pusaqall
Visitor

Depends on what you actually feels about it. Some people like Sony more than Samsung, but some things otherwise. Good to know you share your experience.

profile.country.GB.title
65hx923_cust11
New

You should count your blessings. I bought a 65HX923, 4500 pounds, which is meant to be superior to the NX range. For what I hear of your comments 3D is greatly improved in the HX range. However it has visible x-talk. In addition the panel was faulty, 2D also rubbish, and my Sony Centre went into administration.

Sony support from the beginning told me that the TV was within specifications. They lie to their customers and push them back. These TV’s have been plague with problems and still are. Sony cannot get its act together. I have been a Sony die hard always. I wanted Sony to replace my TV and they have done nothing for a customer who has been loyal to the brand or get the supposedly flagship TV which is the biggest rip off ever.

Another separate problem is the tilt issues. If one tilts the head the 3D effect is lost immediately and the colours go bananas. These filters will only solve the tilt problem. They will not improve any other of the problems these TV’s have with 3D. So do not expect any improvement in 3D quality with these filters.

I have always bought Sony product but these long affair with Sony is over. I feel exactly the same as you about never buying Sony again. My advice is avoid Sony TV’s, if you are lucky you might get a good one but the chances are that you will get a stinky one and prepare for bumpy ride.

profile.country.fr_FR.title
3D_marche_pas
Visitor

"within specifications" that is what they said to me in France (where I live) and that is what they have been saying worldwide.

https://forum.sel.sony.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=9542

absolutely disgusting what they have done for the last two years!! I only paid 1400 for my tv, and am now fighting for a refund!

never again will I ever buy anything sony! I wouldnt give these scumbags 1p of my cash in future. I just hope that they go down now... They deserve it!

iagibso49

Read just about any review on the Internet and you'll see that Sony TVs have very poor 3D capabilities. Reviews talk of crosstalk, those ridiculous glasses which distort the picture unless they are perfectly horizontal, painful flicker and the list goes on ...