Join now - be part of our community!

SONY BRAVIA 3D LED TV - how to reduce crosstalk?

profile.country.bg_BG.title
Skumov
Visitor

SONY BRAVIA 3D LED TV - how to reduce crosstalk?

Hi guys, i bought few days ago Sony KDL 32EX720 3d TV. After trying to watch some 3d movies (SBS) i see a lot of crosstalk which makes 3d films unwatchable. Can you please help me, how to reduce the crosstalk, i have installed the latest firmware. I play films via HDMI 1.4 from my notebook, everythings fine except the crosstalk. Anyone solved this issue?

28 REPLIES 28
profile.country.ru_KZ.title
simon_in_nz
Visitor

Unfortunately, you are right: "SONY = CRAP". After wasting more time and money on many different settings, cables, blu-rays, etc., during which time various "support" reps repeatedly lied that there must be some kind of problem with my setup causing the unwatchable 3D (until it was too late simply to exchange this disgraceful product for something decent) instead of admitting that unwatchable was the best it could do, I now realise both from my own experiences and from reading posts on forums like these, that Sony is just ripping us off by falsely advertising their LED televisions as capable of producing a watchable 3D experience. Like you I will avoid Sony products from now on, and am advising everyone I know to steer well clear of Sony as they choose their own home theatre gear. Yes, I should have insisted on testing the product in the store before purchasing it: my mistake was to trust the brand "Sony" so much that I expected reasonable quality. It just didn't occur to me that they would produce something this unacceptable. I won't make that mistake again.

It's a pity because the television is very good in most other respects: it just can't do 3D. A little crosstalk in high contrast scenes would be acceptable: the crosstalk that this thing produces is so bad I am honestly stunned that Sony is willing to attach their name to it and put it out here where we can observe their contempt for quality. If you are reading this and considering a Sony product, do NOT get one: the gap between their own advertising hype about the quality of their 3D and the unwatchable reality is shocking. Yes, "SONY = CRAP", and yes, like you I will only ever be able to watch 2D content on this so-called 3DTV.

profile.country.hr_HR.title
DamacizSi
Visitor

Ofcourse, after those settings I am fine and if I will not be I will ask in authorised service for update, there are such.

There are even more update about 3D but more info in authirised service in Krasno selo or Zdravec.

R

Damac

:slight_smile:

profile.country.hr_HR.title
DamacizSi
Visitor

You have actually Filters for 3D Glasses Regular or Small depanding of the size of the glasses, too. In warranty-free of charge in authorised service.

R

Damac

:slight_smile:

profile.country.fr_FR.title
3D_marche_pas
Visitor

Damacizsi

Obviously a sony employee. No filters or nothing will solve the problems because the tv is not capable of doing 3D. And the reason why the 3D breaksdown towards the top can be explained here.

http://www.digitalversus.com/tv-television/sony-bravia-kdl-55ex723-p10615/test.html

I had someone from sony france on the phone to me. Who tried telling me that it was normal. Just like they have been saying worldwide, but then refused to give me this in writing because then I would have proof of false advertising and written proof of the product not capable of fulfilling its function.

Well in france i have a 2 yr guarantee, the tv is with the shop after their tech said it was faulty, they want to try the stupid filters before they decide what to do. I have already spoke to consumer rights in france, they said that the tv doesnt conform nor fulfill its functions.

never again will i buy a sony product.it also pleases me to see sony lose 6bil dollars last year. When you blatantly and knowingly shaft consumers who are your life blood, you deserve everything you get.

Message was edited by: -Finn-

profile.country.fr_FR.title
3D_marche_pas
Visitor

@finn

I saw that you edited my post. Why dont you ask one of the scumbags from sony to come on here and talk with us about our problems?? Or why dont you talk to us, tells us that sony are looking into the problem...lol

Sony=disgusting.

They know that they sold a whole range of tvs not capable of doing what they are supposed to do! That is why they duck every thread about the 3D problems. Any acknowledgement of the problem will equal instant recognition of false advertising, non conformity with specs and products not able to fulfill their functions...

Disgrace

Ce message a été modifié par: 3D_marche_pas

koravei
Explorer

Skumov check your private messages, i sent you message there on bulgarian language - about your problem :slight_smile:

mitcher78
New

Although in spanish, please read and translate this article, it will help you to reduce ghosting/crosstalk in 3D viewing:

http://teorizen.blogspot.com.es/2014/01/reduce-el-ghosting-o-crosstalk-consejos.html

You are welcome!

gerrard2013
Explorer

yo tengo un kdl-55w807b y también tengo el mismo problema ya lo icé revisar de Sony me lo actualizaron, pero dijeron que no habían encontrado ningún problema en este momento estoy ensayando, pero sigue presentando diafonía o crosstalk, aunque cuando lo pongo en modo imagen y lo pongo en opción cine mejora un poco, pero es muy decepcionante que esta empresa no sea seria y no haga algo al respecto para corregir este problema y traten de engañar al consumidor la verdad que decepción con Sony 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @gerrard2013

As this is an English based forums, please write in English.  Alternatively, there is a forum for Spanish, see - http://community.sony.es

Cheers