Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia KDL-22BX200 freeview programme guide failing

SOLVED
mjt95uk
New

Sony Bravia KDL-22BX200 freeview programme guide failing

I have a Sony Bravia KDL-22BX200.  The telly works normally, except for the freeview programme guide, which returns all sorts of gibberish.

At ~13.30, the guide saw fit to tell me what was on ITV at 01:05 (some weather thing), on BBC 1 at 20:15, on BBC 2 at 14:30 and so on.  All on the same page, all showing only one column of data.

I would have expected multiple columns representing time slots for each programme, by each channel, starting with the current time ~13:30 on the left of the data column.  Just like every other programme guide!

The television has the current firmware, SYASOW.F16M.R128M.V04.T02.

I'd be grateful for advice for the next steps.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Try doing the following:

1. Unplug aerial cable at the back of the TV
  2. Do a full scan/retune of the TV channels (without that aerial cable)
  3. Once done, there should be NO channels (ie all blanked)
  4. Plug aerial cable back in again
  5. Perform a full rescan/retune again
  6. All channels should now be back again, it will take a couple of minutes for the EPG to re-populate the information back again.

Cheers

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Try doing the following:

1. Unplug aerial cable at the back of the TV
  2. Do a full scan/retune of the TV channels (without that aerial cable)
  3. Once done, there should be NO channels (ie all blanked)
  4. Plug aerial cable back in again
  5. Perform a full rescan/retune again
  6. All channels should now be back again, it will take a couple of minutes for the EPG to re-populate the information back again.

Cheers

mjt95uk
New

Many thanks.

Having upgraded the firmware, un-tuned then re-tuned the telly, the programme guide is now working normally.

profile.country.GB.title
Tafman
Explorer

Quinnicus

Many thanks. I followed your advice and although there was a slight improvement the Freeview Guide still revealed around 60% of the Channels as INFORMATION UNAVAILABLE. What I did then was to oopen one of those (INFORMATION UNAVAILABLE) Channels and then go back to the guide and loand behold there was the information. This was the same for subsequent channels that I opened. I then switched off the TV, rebooted and I was back to square one - no information!. This is so frustrating. I have lived with this irritating fault for a few years now but it constantly bugs me. WHat is the reference to FIRMWARE that is mentioned in our Community blogs - would this have any affect and if so how do I upgrade it?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there Tafman -

I have replied back in your original thread:

http://community.sony.co.uk/t5/Televisions/KDL-37S5500/m-p/1542538

Cheers