Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia KDL-40EX503 & skype

profile.country.en_GB.title
hesh007
Visitor

Sony Bravia KDL-40EX503 & skype

Hi there

I was wondering if it's possible to setup sype and a webcam on this TV. If so what Equipment

do I need? I dont have a ps3

Thanks

Hesh

14 REPLIES 14
wiganguy37
Visitor

Well I decided to go to samsung im expecting my smart tv to come on tues and it has facebook, twitter and skype unlike my sony model.  Sony wont be getting my custom again when it comes to tvs Ive bought 4 sony tvs  2 lcds and 2 of the triniton range but know more ......

sagriev97
Visitor

Feel a bit foolish now.  We just bought this TV today and there was no indication Skype etc could not be accessed.  I have only discovered there is a problem when I started to search for answers.  Something doesn't seem quite straight.  Many of these TVs are still on sale and it is not clear that there are problems.

Susan G

bryfly
New

Join the club you will find this is a common thread through various model numbers from the 2010 range, shame Sony did not take their customers seriously and let their retailers know that 2010 models will not be upgradeable to skype so they could pass the information on at point of sale.

profile.country.en_DE.title
khamenga
Visitor

Same problem here...i bought a Sony KDL40EX605 in November 2011 and discovered that skype and other useful gadgets doesnt work on it....Regretting my decision of buying this TV...I should  have bought a Samsung instead........

drhowells
New

I just don't understand this. These TVs were never advertised as having Skype or that Skype would be available on them. Skype is not a widget, it is an integrated feature of the newer televisions. It requires a lot more processing power, space and technical ability than the older 2010 models can supply.  It cannot be backported to these models.

Smart TVs are still new technology and every year there will be new features that the older models will not be able to run. This is the way that technology progresses.