Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia KDL-40R473A MHL connector

SOLVED

Sony Bravia KDL-40R473A MHL connector

Does the MHL connector on the Sony Bravia KDL-40R473A work as a normal HDMI?

I'm not on the loop with all the new technologies, so need to be sure. I tried finding information about it but, after 4 hours of searching on the net, I didn't get a conclusive answer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The MHL (Mobile High-definition Link) shares the same port and connections as a HDMI cable. The MHL port can be implemented as a stand-alone port, however in most cases, its a dual use port.  Meaning, when you are not using a device that is MHL compatible you can use it as a normal HDMI port.  MHL adds a couple of extra functions such as the ability to recharge the device connected - But will only work when the correct pins are enabled with the required cable/device itself.

The MHL port is similar to the HDMI-ARC (Audio Return Channel) - as in dual use.

Hopefully this explains your question

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The MHL (Mobile High-definition Link) shares the same port and connections as a HDMI cable. The MHL port can be implemented as a stand-alone port, however in most cases, its a dual use port.  Meaning, when you are not using a device that is MHL compatible you can use it as a normal HDMI port.  MHL adds a couple of extra functions such as the ability to recharge the device connected - But will only work when the correct pins are enabled with the required cable/device itself.

The MHL port is similar to the HDMI-ARC (Audio Return Channel) - as in dual use.

Hopefully this explains your question

Thank you very much for the quick reply. I was suspecting this is the case, as there wasn't anything saying otherwise, but I wanted to be absolutely sure.