Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia KDL-40ZX1 HELP!!!

profile.country.en_GB.title
stefarnold
Visitor

Sony Bravia KDL-40ZX1 HELP!!!

Hi

I have been given a Sony Bravia KDL-40ZX1 and do not understand a thing about TV's. My old TV is still a box tv and is completely falling apart after never being braveenough with two kids to get a flat screen.

This Sony Bravia TV did not come with a remote so I have purchased an All-for-one which has connected fine to it.

When we first switched it on the scren kept waying something like No Wireless Connection...but looking that up I think originally it must have come with a network receiver box (something else I have no idea about until now)

I've managed to get that message off the screen and it is now a blank screen.

I have connected my TiVo box by HDMI cable to the back of the TV and there is still nothing? Is there something I am missing?

The "Home" or "Menu" button does not bring anything up on the remote either.......Is this where I could be going wrong, and is it a TV fault or literally the remote.

I dont mind if I have to buy something extra to get it to work, I would just find out what I need first rather then spend ages buying the wrong things, when it turns out to be broken!

Thanks in advance for your help!!

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Firstly, I would do a factory reset on the tv (but you need the remote to do this, which is in the menu settings).  This is to clear any settings the previous owner may have.

Secondly, a cheap universal remote, is well...cheap.  Quite often, not all functions will work (as you have now found out)

A quick amazon search brings up

http://www.amazon.co.uk/RM-Accessories-Remote-Control-kdl-40zx1/dp/B006JQ9JAQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid...      

£11.99

A genuine remote

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SONY-KDL40ZX1-Original-Remote-Control/dp/B009M8CY5K/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1...

£60.39

Personally, I would try the £11.99 remote if budget is the primary factor.  (But dont quote me on that)

Im not too sure on the TIVO box, other than that you need to go into the menu settings and have a look at the HDMI setup, incase it has been disabled on that port.  Again factory reset willl clear previous owner settings.

Hope that helps you

Message was edited by: Quinnicus