Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia KDL42W653 - Poor Sound

SOLVED
azza1989
Explorer

Sony Bravia KDL42W653 - Poor Sound

Hi,

got this tv today and the only problem i have with it is the sound. Sounds realy distorted, thinking of getting a home cinema system or a soundbar, any suggestions ? Never used either before, wanting to use it with SkyHD if thats possible.

Thanks for any help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Sound is always the problem with the new style 'thin' TVs.  There is only so much room to fit speakers.  If you are in the market for a blu-ray player, definately have a look at the all in one Home Cinema Systems : HERE.  If not, have a look through the available soundbars : HERE.

Its a bit hard to make a suggestion, as I am unsure on your requirements and budget constraints.

And yes, they should work fine with SkyHD - All you do is set the TV to output audio externally.

Cheers.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Sound is always the problem with the new style 'thin' TVs.  There is only so much room to fit speakers.  If you are in the market for a blu-ray player, definately have a look at the all in one Home Cinema Systems : HERE.  If not, have a look through the available soundbars : HERE.

Its a bit hard to make a suggestion, as I am unsure on your requirements and budget constraints.

And yes, they should work fine with SkyHD - All you do is set the TV to output audio externally.

Cheers.

azza1989
Explorer

thanks for the reply, i am on a tight budget. Max probably £150

i saw the HT-CT60 for around this price so might go for that.

azza1989
Explorer

I ordered the Sony 2.1 Channel HT-CT60

not the best but the reviews are pretty good, and i found it at £94. Should improve things

Anonymous
Not applicable

Brilliant.  Should improve things quite a bit.

Let us know how you get on anyhow.