Join now - be part of our community!

Sony BRAVIA KDL50W829B - Wall Mounting Advice

SOLVED
TNT_UK
Explorer

Sony BRAVIA KDL50W829B - Wall Mounting Advice

Forum Members,

I have recently purchased and been very impressed with my 2014 model Sony Bravia TV.  Unfortunately my wife would now like the television mounted on a wall.  The wall in question is a plastered with brick behind it.  The TV came with the wall mount brackets, as the TV is not VESA compliant, with any after market VESA stands.  

The TV came with all the parts to mount on the wall except the screws to connect the brackets to the wall.  The instructions only say 8mm diameter screws should be used, not how long the screws should be.

I would be grateful if I could have some advice on the type of screw to be used, and how long they should be, and the best type of raw plug etc.  I have looked online and there seems to be very little advice on how to install the new Sony televsions to a wall.

Thanks in Advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

This is one of the advices that im afraid I cannot give - I would hate to advise you (for it to be wrong) and then your TV comes crashing down. 

The length of the screw and what types of wall fittings (raw plugs etc) needed depends on the construction of your wall.  I have paper thin walls, and dare not mount mine to it !!

So my advice on this ... is to seek professional advice.  Sometimes you can get lucky at B&Q for advice, other times you get a 17year old lad....

Sorry that I cannot be more helpful.

Cheers

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

This is one of the advices that im afraid I cannot give - I would hate to advise you (for it to be wrong) and then your TV comes crashing down. 

The length of the screw and what types of wall fittings (raw plugs etc) needed depends on the construction of your wall.  I have paper thin walls, and dare not mount mine to it !!

So my advice on this ... is to seek professional advice.  Sometimes you can get lucky at B&Q for advice, other times you get a 17year old lad....

Sorry that I cannot be more helpful.

Cheers