Join now - be part of our community!

SONY BRAVIA KDL60W605 NO WIRELESS CONNECT

Stuart3737
Explorer

SONY BRAVIA KDL60W605 NO WIRELESS CONNECT

The Sony Bravia I purchased yesterday connected first time to the wifi (able to use APPs such as FB) but after a couple of hours use the connection was lost.  The test shows up as OK/FAILED/FAILED and I have checked everything as stated in the troubleshooting direction contained within the i-manual for this fail mode.  The WAP is correct and my wifi is working ok for my other devices (smart phone/ laptop).  I want to use wireless and would appreciate advice on steps beyond that contained within the i-manual.  

Probably not connected but for information when I select 'HOME' on the remote control nothing happens unless I select one of the other buttons such as 'DISCOVER' first.

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

How far away is your router from the TV?  Is it going through walls or...?  If its a distance, try moving the router closer, or TV closer to the router (at least for testing anyhow)?  As it might just be a simple case of wifi signal.

Do you also live in a block of flats or in a high built up area, where many others might be using wifi too - if so, try changing the channel in the routers settings - might just be getting too many "collisions". 

Wireless is difficult to troubleshoot, mainly because everything seems to affect the signal.

In regards to the HOME button not working - are you using a Sky box?  If so, turn off HDMI control (HDMI-CEC).  A thread about this is located : HERE

Cheers

Stuart3737
Explorer

Thank you.  We have a wi fi repeater in the same room as the TV (detached house), the signal from which is used successfully by my laptop and smart phone.  I have ensured that HDMI is selected off on the SKY box (as described in other thread). Of note I tried a factory reset, which worked last night.  However, when power reapplied to the TV this morning, no connection (Found/failed/failed).  Tried further factory reset unsuccessfully this morning. 

profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Hi,

wi fi connections to Bravia can be sensitive, some get connection first time and some takes several goes at it, i cannot vouch for the repeater but as Quinnicus suggested try moving the router itself closer to the tv, i know you said there's a repeater and it connects to all other devices ok but please do humour us and try the router first. :wink:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

HI Stuart3737,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..:smileyhappy:

If after trying the suggestions above you are still having problems getting a stable internet connection via wifi then it might be worth using a set of homeplugs, something like the TP-Link HomePlug AV Ethernet Adapter Starter Kit,(example only as you may find better alternatives) this allows you to share data between your router & the device which is connected to the other homeplug via your home's existing AC power sockets..:smileywink:

Stuart3737
Explorer

Thank you for the support.  It seems that the problem sits somewhere between the Bravia TV and the Sky repeater.  I temporarily moved the router closer and the TV connected first time.  Unfortunately the router needs to be connected to our desk computer by ethernet and therefore I have had to move back to its original position with the consequence that I will continue to have an unreliable wifi connection.  A real shame given my other devices connect ok to the Sky repeater.  But TV picture great and therefore will stick with it.  Again, thank you for the advice.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your welcome.

Have you considered the alternative using Homeplugs (as Thalamus suggested above)?  As this will give you a wired connection, using your homes electrical circuits (ie powerpoints).

Good luck :slight_smile:

Cheers

profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Hi again,

well since its as i predicted (knew i was right :tongue: ) you really need the router near the tv, the answer to your problem and in any case all you need is a longer ethernet cable and your problems are gone :slight_smile:

cheaper than homeplugs too!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bravia55HX wrote:

cheaper than homeplugs too!

It depends on how many walls or ceilings you have to go though :grin: