Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia tv KDL-32EX401 connect Sony headphone RF810RK

SOLVED

Sony Bravia tv KDL-32EX401 connect Sony headphone RF810RK

Pleases help, I have my rather deaf father staying with me, and I have the above tv and bought the above wireless headphones, so dad could lesson to tv at one level and we could lesson at normal sound, but when I connect the phones it cuts of the tv sound altogether and I cannot find a headphone setting in the tv menu, please can anybody help me sort this problem out before we are as deaf as my dad thank you
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mispare71
Explorer

You can connect your headphone transmitter/ charger to the audio out sockets using a 'Y' lead which has two RCA plugs and one 3.5mm jack socket. Search 'audio Y leads'. I have had this arrangement on my KDL-32EX403 for four years.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello there

What you are looking for is called "Headphone Speaker Link".  I have had a look at the manual for your TV, and cannot find it mentioned anywhere.  This therefore leads me to the conclusion that your TV does not support headphones and TV speakers at the same time.

Your only other option is to turn subtitles on.

Cheers.

mispare71
Explorer

You can connect your headphone transmitter/ charger to the audio out sockets using a 'Y' lead which has two RCA plugs and one 3.5mm jack socket. Search 'audio Y leads'. I have had this arrangement on my KDL-32EX403 for four years.

Thank you I will try this and keep my fingers crossed