Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia Wont connect with wired connection

hooson125
New

Sony Bravia Wont connect with wired connection

Hi I am having a problem with my sony bravia (KDL-40RD453) None wifi TV.

I have tried connecting it to the internet with manual setting to no avail, And also using the auto connect feature which says something along the lines like "connection found, Internet failed". I have a modern BT router which works perfectly with laptops and mobiles connecting to the internet. What options can i try to fix this as it should be as simple as plug in and play? The ethernet cable I am using works fine and the internets connection works fine.

Software is up to date running on, v8.513-1000

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
mickjono
Explorer

That error message is seen even when the internet connection is up and running. Tune to one of the internet channels e.g. 245 Planet Knowledge and see if you get content or an error message.

profile.country.GB.title
jbthemanforme
Explorer

Internet connection to Sony TV's is a know problem thats ongoing. Sony must know about it but fail to sort the problem. Every day I have to go through the same process to get the internet to connect..  It is the Worst TV I have ever bought..  It is easier just to plug in a Google Chrome dongle. At least that works......

profile.country.GB.title
mickjono
Explorer

I am not sure what you are trying to do, you've provided no information. This TV, the KDL-40RD453, does not have general internet access. It can only connect to Sony for software updates and to the internet TV channels that are listed in the TV guide.

profile.country.GB.title
jbthemanforme
Explorer

. Just ignore what i said. I though your model was a general Android TV...  Regards