Join now - be part of our community!

Soundbar blocks 3d signal

SOLVED
Bevdawes
New

Soundbar blocks 3d signal

We have a sony bravia HD 3D tv which sits very nicely on an oak tv stand but the soundbar blocks the 3D signal to the glasses.  We know we need to raise it up but that is wehre we are having  a problem.  We dont want the tv on the wall especially as it sits in a corner of the room and its not as straightforward as if it were on a flat wall. 

One of the problems we have is that our particlaur model (dont have the no with me as am at work)  but it has two legs, one either side of the tv and not the normal round one in the middle so the smaller perspex computer monitor type stands are too small.

I have googled this and there is a lovely soundbar riser which is specifically made for the purpose, looks good etc but only for the USA market.  Cant find anything in the UK.  Has anyone out there managed to find one or come up with a solution to the problem as until we do we cannot watch 3d movies unless we disconnect the soundbar which ruins the whole movie experience.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Bevdawes,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..:smileyhappy:

Without knowing your particular model it's hard to tell but in adition to the advice above would something like this work for you - Soundbar universal bracket

* Note you can use this bracket to also place the sound bar above your tv..

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I am unsure on the particular model that you describe (two legs on each side) - However I have come up with a company called Luminati - Who offer a range of risers and offer a bespoke/customisation service (I doubt it would be cheap though)

http://www.luminati.co.uk/index.php?route=product%2Fproduct&filter_name=bar&filter_description=true&...

Unfortunately that is the only suitable UK link that may fullfill your requirements.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Bevdawes,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..:smileyhappy:

Without knowing your particular model it's hard to tell but in adition to the advice above would something like this work for you - Soundbar universal bracket

* Note you can use this bracket to also place the sound bar above your tv..

profile.country.GB.title
summersfc
Explorer

Hi, I'm just trying to find a solution for the same problem. Did you ever get this resolved? And if so how did you go about it.?  Thank you for your time. J