Join now - be part of our community!

Soundbar HTCT660 blocking TV KDL42W805

Emscoble
New

Soundbar HTCT660 blocking TV KDL42W805

Hi, we have recently bought a KDL42W805 and a HDCT660 Sound Bar and when you place the sound bar in front of the TV it blocks the bottom 1-2" of the viewing screen and the sensor. As you can imagine this is highly annoying. We have it on a wood corner unit and do not wish to wall mount it. Does anyone know if you can get a higher stand to fix to the TV so it's is not blocked. Or any other ideas welcome!
I would of thought a company as big as Sony would think about this when designing their products!
Thanks
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

If the soundbar is/was not blocking the viewing screen itself, you can turn on a function on the CT660 called "IR REP". 

However, as you said its blocking the viewing screen I guess what you would require is some type of TV riser.  If you google/search around, I did find this though: http://www.luminati.co.uk/tv-or-monitor-riser-stand

Just search around, and find one that suits your needs/style and can accommodate the weight of the TV.

Cheers

For custom made TV risers you can get these from http://getacrylicphotoframes.co.uk

Although they make acrylic photo frames, I found them for that, but I also asked them to make a TV riser type of stand to keep a record deck over the top of an amplifier. It was perfect, they were easy to deal with and very affordable.

Like their photo frames, this was very nicely finished when it arrived. :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
harrythesparry
Explorer

Put soundbar behind TV. Works a treat for me.

profile.country.GB.title
harrythesparry
Explorer

Put soundbar behind TV. Works for me.

profile.country.GB.title
summersfc
Explorer

We now have the same issue what solution did you come up with in the end? 

profile.country.GB.title
summersfc
Explorer

Hi, we now have the same issue what solution did you come up with in the end? 

profile.country.GB.title
harrythesparry
Explorer

Simply put soundbar behind TV provided the TV is on a stand.

profile.country.GB.title
summersfc
Explorer

Hi Harry,

Thank you for getting back so quickly,  it's much appreciated. The TV is on a stand  but the sound bar stands a lot higher which means that most of the sound will be coming out straight towards the back of the TV instead of into the room. Unfortunately we don't have the space to raise the TV up very much and have currently got it on a thick chopping board and it also looks unsightly. Will try it though and see how it is the sound bar being behind the TV affects the sound. 

Thank you again