Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KD-55X8505B TV and SkyQ 4K UHD Not Working

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
jimt99

Sony KD-55X8505B TV and SkyQ 4K UHD Not Working

Have tried to turn on SkyQ 2160 resolution, with my Sony KD-55X8505B connected, but just get a blank screen which then resets back to 1080 HD. This happens for both 10-bit and 8-bit colour settings and for all 4 HDMI inputs. On the SkyQ box I get the error message UH031 for HDMI inputs 1 & 2, and error message UH011 for HDMI inputs 3 & 4.

My understanding is that HDMI inputs 1& 2 are the only ones that support HDCP 2.2. The error message for HDMI inputs 3 & 4 I think relates to a problem with HDCP 2.2 being absent.

I have tried my TV connection via my Yamaha RX-A3050 (which supports HDCP 2.2) and with a HDMI cable (supplied together with the SkyQ box) directly but get the same blank screen and error message.

The TV was just this week upgraded to the PKG3.001EUA operating system with no improvement in the 2160 support.

Have called and emailed the Sony support centre numerous times. Their only suggestion was to reset the TV back to factory settings but this did not help.

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue? Any further suggestions?

15 REPLIES 15
jimt99

jamhilly, please see the posting from cjando and my later comments. The issue is now resolved - for me at least.

jamhilly
Explorer

Jimt99 is good to hear the issue seems to be resolved. 

jamhilly
Explorer

Thanks @Cjando for confirming solution

Tonypen1
Explorer

You can get 10 Bit colour if your TV supports it. You need to set the HDMI input to Enhanced mode in the settings. Otherwise it will only allow 8 bit. If the Q Box says 10 bit not supported try this first.

jimt99

Thank you for the information but I looked closely in the various menus and
could not find an option to set HDMI 1 to Enhanced Mode. If you know how to
do it please let me know.
profile.country.GB.title
BaronErasmus
Explorer

Thank you,

I spent all evening trying to set up my Sky Q box with my new Sony XR55A80LU OLED TV.

This is definitely the the answer and it does work, Sky are idiots. :slight_smile: 

Did it work or can you see the BSOD? Do you want to save it? Why would you say yes?

Take a leap of faith and save it, as long as you have a good quality cable it will be working afterwards. 👌