Join now - be part of our community!

Sony - KD55x9005A - HDMI Auto On Help

profile.country.GB.title
Cridler
Explorer

Sony - KD55x9005A - HDMI Auto On Help

Hi,

I have a Sony - KD55x9005A and it is connected to a BT TV box and an Xbox on HDMI 1 & 2, 

When I tuned the BT Box on the TV used to start up in HDMI 1 but now it always starts up on TV mode and not HDMI 1, 

Does anyone know how I can set up the TV to automatically jump to HDMI 1 or 2 depending if I turn on the BT TV or the XBOX?

Cheers

Chris

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi Chris, 

Thank you for your message. We shall look into this and one of the team will get back to you soon.

Best wishes, 
Pascale_F

profile.country.GB.title
Cridler
Explorer

Many Thanks.

I used to switch on the console or BT and the TV went straight to that HDMI port but now it always starts at TV and I have to flick the HDMI channel, not exactly the worst thing in life but it would be nice for it to go back to how it was, especially as the kids are always hiding the TV remote 🙂

Cheers

Chris

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Chris,

Could you please check if CEC (Bravia Sync) is enabled on both devices and if you are using a full featured HDMI cable?

Best, 

Arthur

profile.country.GB.title
Cridler
Explorer

Hi, 

How do I tell if the HDMI cable is "special" , it looks OK but nothing different to any other HDMI cable I have,

Cheers

Chris

profile.country.GB.title
Cridler
Explorer

Hi,

I tried the bravia sync and this made one small difference. (But didnt solve the question)

If I turn my TV off it turns off HDMI 1 device and if I turn my TV on it turns HDMI device on but if tv is turned off on HDMI3 (XBOX) then it switches on on HDMI 3 and not HDMI 1.

Is it possible that when the TV is on (or off) I can switch the xbox on and the TV goes to HDMI 3 automatcially. I am sure it did previously.

Cheers

Chris