Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KDL-32EX520 HbbTV feature in the Czech Republic

profile.country.cs_CZ.title
david.tauchmann
Visitor

Sony KDL-32EX520 HbbTV feature in the Czech Republic

Hi, I would like to ask you, when will be HbbTV feature enabled for the Czech Republic? Sony's 2011 Bravia lineup supports hybrid digital TV only when we set Germany or France as a country. The consequence of this is that the TV incorrectly displays some Czech characters in EPG. Please could you release a new firmware update that will allow the HbbTV feature for the Czech Republic?

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

Could you detail the errors that its displaying on the device so it can be investigated further?

thanks

profile.country.cs_CZ.title
david.tauchmann
Visitor

Hi, there are no errors. When set the Czech Republic as a country, so there is not accessible menu item called "Interactive Application Set-up" (located in the "Digital Set-up"). This entry is needed to support the HbbTV. When I click on that item with the OK button will be displayed the message "No settings needed for current country.". So in a future firmware we need to unblock this item and allow it to our country. Thanks in advance.

Smondrk
New

I have exactly the same problem - I'd used the interactive application ... Unfortunately, I see that you've already discussed here over a year ago, and nothing happened ... if it is really resolved only for firmware updates, I do not understand why you have not ... I have not tried it yet, but it is so that when I change the TV to Germany so I HbbTV will work? I mean HbbTV Czech Television. If so, why just not to change this setting ... Is there a problem?

----

Mám úplně stejný problém - rád bych využíval interaktivní aplikace... bohužel tady vidím, že jste to tady diskutovali už před více než rokem, a nic se nestalo... v případě, že to je opravdu řešitelné jen aktualizací firmwaru, nechápu proč jste to ještě neudělali... zatím jsem to ještě nezkoušel, ale je to tak, že když změním nastavení TV na Německo tak mi HbbTV bude fungovat? Myslím tím HbbTV České televize. Když ano, proč tedy jen nezměnit toto nastavení... je v tom nějaký problém?

Same problem with KDL55EX720 from 2011. When set to CR region no HbbTV option available, when set to Germany HbbTV is on, but bad characters occurs in EPG. 

CAN you, please, turn HbbTV option ON for CR region in Bravias from 2011. No hardware change needed just a small firmware update. Otherwise, please, state reason why this is not posible.

Thanks, M.