Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KDL-32EX523 BBC iPlayer stopped working

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
pineman
New

Sony KDL-32EX523 BBC iPlayer stopped working

Had my TV for nearly a year and BBC iPlayer has always worked until today.

I get a message on the screen to check connections etc but my lan  connection is ok as all other internet connections work ok.

I have tried accessing BBC iPlayer via the web browser but it says that the device is unsupported or words to that effect.

I have also tried accessing BBC iPlayer via my PC and it works perfectly.

The TV has the latest update installed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pineman
New

Just tested my TV and BBCiPlayer is back!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
SurreyTraveller58
New

Same here - TV is a KDL-26EX320 less than a year old, went to watch the iPlayer last night and got a plain white screen suggesting the URL was wrong or that the cable might be disconnected (even though it's wireless!). My other wireless internet services work okay - 5 On Demand, You Tube, etc. And the iPlayer still worked fine on my computer, so it's not a problem at the BBC.

Any thoughts out there?

Geoff_E
Visitor

Me too - Last used it on Tuesday 28th and it was fine. I'm getting identical symptoms to you and all other parts of the system, wireless connection are working OK. There are a couple of other posts under separate topics which seem to indicate that the problem stated Thursday 30th. As above I can still access iPlayer on my computer.

Help!!!!

c10n2v06n0s02e49
Visitor

iPlayer has stopped working.

I have a Sony BDP S370 Blu Ray Player which provides iPlayer functionality.  It worked fine up until yesterday.  It still works fine with everything apart from iPlayer.  When iPlayer is selected and it goes through the process of connecting I eventually get to :

The server response is invalid

No further redirection can be done

Close

Network update is up to date and all the other VoD services work fine.  iPlayer is working fine on iPhone, iPad and PC; only the Sony has stopped working.

Sony, please pick this up and fix; it isn't user error.

Message was edited by: c10n2v06n0s02e49

dommatyler
Visitor

Same issue for me. KDL-32CX523. Same white screen and error message. Thought perhaps that the BBC had changed their URL for web-enabled TV access? It certainly looks like it's a missing link error, when I press "back" I get a flash of a previous page, which shows a message about the URL but I can't read it fast enough.

Please fix SONY, I really value this funtion.

Thanks.

pineman
New

Just tested my TV and BBCiPlayer is back!

SandyK39
Visitor

I had same issue last night. Really useful to know your Iplayer is back. Hoping mine will be restored as well when I get home.

SurreyTraveller58
New

Good news here too! iPlayer is back ... Yipee!

Catmambo
Contributor

I think this has been fixed now - nothing was changed on the Sony side and seemingly after lunch yesterday BBC changed something and now everything is working again.

Apologies for any inconvenience