Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KDL 46W5810 bbc iplayer problem - error "This Content doesn't seem to be working. Try again later

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
tom.74
Explorer

Sony KDL 46W5810 bbc iplayer problem - error "This Content doesn't seem to be working. Try again later

Sony KDL 46W5810 bbc iplayer problem - error  "This Content doesn't seem to be working. Try again later

Hi All :slight_smile:

I have 46W5810 with freesat hd

im on virgin broadband , around 7mb download  adsl sefvice

bbc iplayer works fine on laptop and  ps3

this was working ok before on 2mb, max 4mb ,   tiscali broadband

i have done full tv reset

i have latest tv firmware

i have refreshed my network settings numerous  times

i do access bbc iplayer by pressing red  button on bbc channel

then i  can see program list and some  description of the program, at the same time i can see netowrk activity on the  network port where my tv is connected

once trying to play it i have above  error

the bbc iplayer list constantyly update  itsels once new programs there

i can play hd movies from PS3 Media Server  from my laptop on that tv

please advise as I don not what to do  next!!!!

24 REPLIES 24
tom.74
Explorer

no jocardy . ... :slight_frown:

im still receiving error  "This Content doesn't seem to be working. Try again later

tom.74
Explorer

all other like ps3 , 2 laptops , 1 desktop , mobile phone are ok....

tom.74
Explorer

Hi All

Im still having the same issue after 1 year on 😞 BAD SONY

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately I do not believe this is a Sony Issue. However, lets try and take this from the start.  How far do you get from the following?

If you have connected your TV up to the internet, and can confirm that (as other internet services should work).

Goto a BBC channel (as in BBC1) on Freesat and press the red-button.  Does the menu pop-up with something similar like the screenshots on the following page?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/bbcinternet/2010/11/new_red_button_connected_homepage.html

Now go into BBC iPlayer.  It should then load up the iPlayer.  Now play a test program of any kind.

Can you confirm how far you get, and at what point it fails?

Cheers

tom.74
Explorer

Hi Quinnicus

Firstly I would like to thank you for your reply J

OK..I do get as far as to the BBCIplayer page and then I have the latest shows which I can browse on the screen and then when I chose any of them, buffers and displays error ‘This Content doesn't seem to be working. Try again later 😞

This is what is happening, no more….

tom.74
Explorer

sony error.jpgBTW BTW here is a screenshot of the error

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tom.74 wrote:

Hi Quinnicus

Firstly I would like to thank you for your reply J

Hey there, no probs :slight_smile:

@tom.74 wrote:

OK..I do get as far as to the BBCIplayer page and then I have the latest shows which I can browse on the screen and then when I chose any of them, buffers and displays error ‘This Content doesn't seem to be working. Try again later 😞

This is what is happening, no more….

Firstly and foremost - I dont have the answer for you...

I have a PVR Recorder (HDT500B) that also uses the BBC Connected Red button service to access the iPlayer (via FreeView).  I have just tested it on mine (as I dont use it this way) - and it works, no problems at all.

On the BBC website : HERE - It states the following devices are iPlayer certified.  However, this appears to be the application.  I cannot find a website that has iPlayer certification via the connected red button.  Googling this does not bring up anything relevent to you.

Your best bet is to contact the BBC itself to try and ascertain whether the connected red button service via freesat is still available for your TV.

I say the BBC (and not Sony) because this appears to be an internal application issue, of which its totally out of Sony's hands.

All I can say is - Good Luck :slight_smile:

Cheers

tom.74
Explorer

thank you :slight_smile:

BTW, TV is freview/freesat unit and BBCIplayer work via freesat option

I do belive that my TV has been somehow discounted from BBCIplayer service by BBC and there is no updates due to HW limitations from Sony for that 😞

I just would like to know if there is anyone with same issue on the same TV, surely Im not the one with that unit...

PS my laptop, ps3, sony bdp all of them on lan or wifi they ar ok :slight_smile: not a TV 😞

Catmambo
Contributor

Are you running the latest firmware on the TV?

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/KDL-46W5810/updates

Worth checking that, then try doing a factory reset and power cycling (unplugging from the mains for a couple of minutes) your router. This should force it to get a fresh IP address and so in effect flush any legacy gremlins which might have been blocking it. No reason why it shouldn't work.

tom.74
Explorer

Hi Catmambo

Yes I do have latest firmware which is quiet old now 😞

Could it be that Virgin broadband is blocking this service to force me to use their equipment or issue with a codec on my TV

I know that other like ps3 or sony bdp are with latest firmware and bbciplayer viewer application

I know that bbciplayer is delivered via few different vide/adio codes

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/bbcinternet/2008/08/bbc_iplayer_goes_h264.html

😞 not sure  where to go with that 😞