Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KDL**HX923

profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Sony KDL**HX923

Should i be worried, apparently complaints are comming in already for this new tv on dark verticle lines either side of the screen!, i have seen this before on the LG i had that went back for a full refund as it was the area where the ribbon cable joins at the screen for the backlight (could be seen from the front) i had 3 of them and the engineer said its not right, heres the pics of the Sony.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/192/crease3.jpg/

http://i53.tinypic.com/wi2grc.jpg

this was originally posted on another forum and the poster stated that this is reported by german customers and uk ones, however i have been waiting months for my pre order and dont have it yet!!

Message was edited by: Bravia55HX923

Message was edited by: Bravia55HX923

Message was edited by: StartTheCar

Edited title in order to Sticky it, hope this is ok.

Message was edited by: -frank-

Edited links to work properly (originally double http)

535 REPLIES 535
Bravia55HX

Charming!! Another love em and leave em kind of guy!! lol

Anam87
Visitor

HI

I am new to this forum just came off the av forum anyway's i received my 55hx923 around mid june but i have a buzzing noise coming from the circuit board plus the pictures seems to be slightly smudgy i am waiting for a replacement i was told by sony centre in lakeside that it will arrive this week but now they don't have any clue when they will receive the replacement tv it is really annoying to receive such bad service from sony plus the staff  at the sony centre in lakeside were not helpful at all.

First experience buying from sony their so called flagship tv well i was hoping if there are any news when they will manufacture the batch for uk release.

thanks

StartTheCar
Contributor

I appreciate that this would be very dependent on the next couple of days and on Sony delivering the goods, but please do feel free to hang around our little (but growing quickly) community. I know it’s a monstrous cliché, but in this case, it really is nothing without you.

I can honestly say this has been one of the most constructive “complaint” threads I have seen on any forum.  While it has certainly been a challenge, the overwhelming vibe has been positive with the focus on getting this potentially great product right.  Your comments and feedback has honestly set new standards in the way we listen, react and generally engage with our customers.  It would be interesting (perhaps after we sort this out) to hear your thoughts on this experience and how you would like to interact with Sony in the future.

In the meantime, keep an eye out for further updates here.

Regards
Lee

southernsmoggy
Visitor

thanks for the update Lee

I think everyone is waiting to hear Sony's diagnosis of the issue. Here on over on avforums there is growing concern and confusion that Sony are apparently shipping sets again to dealers but so far no explanation is available as to whether these new deliveries are expected to be OK or if the faults will exist in those sets as well....if the sets being sent have not been checked I guess its difficult to understand why sony have apparently gone to the trouble of asking dealers to send stock back only to then send it back out to customers with still no detail as to issue being solved or otherwise.

as i said in an earlier post my new set arrives at the sony center next week but as of today i am not expecting it to be any different to the first one as neither the dealer nor sony have given me any indication that it should be different.

hoping to hear some good updates from you and Sony UK v.soon!

sammy20v
Visitor

Agreed Lee, many thanks for the update, although really am suffering with sony products at the moment, due to the new hx923 being sent back with the crease issue and also a 55x4500 which was sent for repair a new screen placed in it (many thanks to sony) however the engineers seem to have screwed up and now I get constant flicking of the screen (a worse fault than what it went in for), the engineers (3rd party) are now saying they can only see the issue once or twice and its not significant, I do appreciate this is for a different thread, however just feel that having spent nearly £5000 on sony tvs in the last 18 months and I dont have either in my house 😞 I am a little dissapointed

Message was edited by: sammy20v

Message was edited by: sammy20v

wstevew
Visitor

Lee,  While its nice to see we are not being ignored.   We still await a diagnosis and an ETA for a fault free Hx923

norks27
Visitor

It's a shame there is no Sony representative on other forums, in particular AVForums, which seems to be one of the most popular.  I believe that a lot of folks use this as a valuable resource in gaining genuine feedback from satisfied/disatisfied owners.  When researching for a new display I kept my eye on the AVForum thread and until the crease issue all was essentially well.  I also looked at a rival to Sony, the flagship Panasonic VT30, based on the various problems that owners where suffering and the lack of action from Panasonic I looked again at the Sony.

Such forums have become more trusted than press reviews as means of researching a product, (in my opinion).  I could be wrong but I know of other manufacturers who maintain a presence on these forums, e.g. Arcam will often contribute to particular threads in the Arcam Owners section.

It would certainly be worthwhile for Sony to invest time in these forums as a means of spotting problems early on, allows you to be on the ball and gain genuine feedback from customers and address issues quickly.  At the moment your messages, (Lee that is), are being fed back directly to the AVForums which has a far larger audience, the HX923 thread is now on part 2, the original having 1002 replies and over 80,000 views.  The traditional method of promoting and advertising your tech is, in my opinion, dying.  The chance to exchange views and opinions, be they good or bad, is far more valuable than the poetic nonsense that the likes of WhatHiFi dish up.

Anyway thought I'd share a few thoughts.

Hope to hear of further updates.

southernsmoggy
Visitor

+1

totally agree with Norks27

i would say most if not all of my gadget related (and that includes my car) are heavily influenced by internet forums and real world owner experiences. i obviously narrow my selections down first based on my own wants/needs but before putting up any money the last piece of research is always the forums. if all looks ok then that will usually mean i'll go forward and buy said product.

i do still buy the AV mags...usually just to read when away on business but i get much more out of actual feedback on forums from owners. what does annoy me a bit is when manufacturers ignore the fact these outlets exist for their own customers to report issues though I do see if from their point of view that the forums are also open to anyone to print lies or troll threads just to start arguements but most reasonably intelligent folks can see through those kind of posts and quickly identify the genuine "owners"

ps: still looking forward to hearing Lee@SonyUK's reply from the engineer as to the cause/resolution for these issues....

Message was edited by: southernsmoggy

Message was edited by: southernsmoggy

profile.country.es_ES.title
Barna-Azul
Visitor

Hi,

Im new to the forum and ive just bought a HX920, the European number(non UK) and...........I have the same issue.

Its quite a faint line down the left hand side of the TV. Im going to contact the shop as the TV only arrived this morning. The picture in general is great, its just this small niggle, but its very noticeable, especially with lighter colours.

julsadot
Visitor

My new 55HX923 has a very very slight 'crease' down the left edge, although really not that noticable. However, a right hand edge crease is more prevalent.

A couple of observations

1. Either I'm getting more sensitive to it as time goes on, or it's got a little worse since the day I bought the set a couple of weeks ago

2. The crease itself is not just a slightly dark line on my set. The inch or so strip between the crease and the edge of the actual screen appears to have a subtly different colour response to the rest of the screen. I've seen some shades of blues and greens appear lighter in this area than in the rest of the screen. It's really noticable when going right up to the screen to observe. To me, it's the sort of effect you can get with LCD when putting slight pressure on it.

Don't suppose this whole issue is due to someone screwing some case or screen mounting screws too tight? :laughing:

All a shame really cos the picture apart from that is nothing short of stunning

Jules