Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KDL42W653a Apps Issue

SOLVED
Giles_W
New

Sony KDL42W653a Apps Issue

Hello

I have been trying to access the Sony Entertainment Network "All Applications" list, which only brings up a few applications unless I leave it loading on the page for 5 minutes where it finally comes up with the entire selection. 

Once this has happened, if I try and go on an application such as Netflix, I receive the message "The application is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later". The same happens with other apps such as Sky News etc. 

My internet connection is fine and have tried both wired and wireless. I have reset the internet aswell as doing a factory reset and unplugging the television from the wall for 10 minutes.

Could someone please advise me on what I can do to get this working.

Many Thanks 

187 REPLIES 187
profile.country.GB.title
shellard1976
Explorer

I've got the same issue on a KDL-32W653A logged a call with support but the guy said that they aren't aware of any issues so they have escalated the call. I’ve done the factory reset, connected the LAN, turned WiFi of, reset the router, refresh internet content, updated firmware.  I have other Sony TV's and they work fine, must be this model, glad I fould this link was ready to take the TV back and swap would have had the same problem.

kmholden
Explorer

we are having the same problem, bought the KDL42W653a on 1/9/13 apps not working at all, restored factory setting and software update still no luck. it worked for a few hrs this morning but now gone off again. I have spoke to sony who are not aware of any issues but are escalating the problem.

profile.country.DK.title
diheor

There is a software update PKG3.710EUA. It seems to bring the full App list back. At this moment the Netflix App still is out of function.
tommikrhnn
Explorer

Just to let you (and everybody else) know, the issue is not only UK related. I live in Finland and have the same problem. My model is KDL-42W654A.

Woktolivelife

Not showing any update available when I check
profile.country.DK.title
diheor

Get the 710 Update described above. It seems to solve the problem here in Denmark. The Netflix App is up and running again.
tommikrhnn
Explorer

This was an answer to Drewde. The update (PKG3.71EUA) didn't help, btw.

deaves1

Just done factory re set ( for the umteenth time) still doesnt work, just 6 basic apps
Woktolivelife

Where did you access the update? Not showing on the web did you force update through your TV software settings
profile.country.DK.title
diheor

Regarding not showing updates: to get the previous 610 update I had to do it via USB and PC