Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KDL42W653a Apps Issue

SOLVED
Giles_W
New

Sony KDL42W653a Apps Issue

Hello

I have been trying to access the Sony Entertainment Network "All Applications" list, which only brings up a few applications unless I leave it loading on the page for 5 minutes where it finally comes up with the entire selection. 

Once this has happened, if I try and go on an application such as Netflix, I receive the message "The application is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later". The same happens with other apps such as Sky News etc. 

My internet connection is fine and have tried both wired and wireless. I have reset the internet aswell as doing a factory reset and unplugging the television from the wall for 10 minutes.

Could someone please advise me on what I can do to get this working.

Many Thanks 

187 REPLIES 187
profile.country.GB.title
HHGTTG
Explorer

@rooobb wrote:

Unfortunately the more effective solution is the factory reset, in any case try also there options suggested here:

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/46273

Thanks for that reply. Can you tell me after having done the factory reset, does the welcoming/set-up screen automatically appear so that the set-up process can be started again.

Many thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Once you have completed a factory reset, it will return back to the welcome setup screen (ie where you choose your language etc etc)

Cheers

steve_wilkinson
Explorer

My TV apps have been intermittent since I purchased in September 2013. I've doen factory reset. The Internet is fine here (with EE Brightbox) Netflix works now and then. Internet Explorer / You Tube / iPlayer and others just don't work. They used to. I need confirmation as to why this is happening before I take back to shop. It is under warranty. I have spoken to technical support from Shop and they have advised I speak to SONY. Could someone confirm what needs to be done. 

Details as follows:

Sony Bravia KDL_42W805A

This is totally unacceptable. If the software is wrong I need it fixed.

Please email me back with a solution. I bought this television for the internet and apps. I will not accept 'Sony are looking into it'. If this problem was known in August 2013 why was they product not recalled so that I would not be here today.

Finally I need an answer not an automated reply which is open ended. If I do not receive a solution within 7 days this will need to be escalated to a formal complaint.

Bravia KDL-40R510C baught on May 5, 2015

I have tried every single option dicussed here on this thread multiple times and still no solution to my problem. There is no option in the menus to access the Sony Entertainment Network, no icon, no option to turn on the advance network features. The only apps i am currently getting are Netflix, Youtube and Opera Tv Store which all work perfectly fine except there is no web browser to be found anywhere on the Opera Page. Can someone please help..

steve_wilkinson
Explorer

HI I had the same problem. Tried all the resest etc. didn't work. Mine was connected via wireless; tried wired connection and now it's fine. Worth a try? but it means a long cable

DarthSidious2005
Explorer

Have exactly the same problem tonight (31/12/18). None of my apps want to stream (e.g Netflix, Youtube etc), the error msg says there is no "server" and very few apps appear on the Sony Entertainment Network dashboard (there is usually a swag of them but now I only see about 7 on the left). Very angry. Netflix/Youtube etc say "service is not avaialble". I have verified my network (won't be on this page if there was a problem with my internet connection). I have a Sony Bravia 60W850B TV. Three years old. Nothing wrong with it. What is going on?

profile.country.GB.title
lecrampton

Me To - I have been on this thread before - all working fine until I put my TV on this morning. My BRAVIA KDL-42W653A is saying "Some applications are unavailable because the server is unavailable". I have done a factory reset and check my internet connection and all is fine. What is going on Sony???

Thank you

profile.country.NL.title
phero_nl
Explorer

Same here. KDL-32W705b. Sony Server down?

Weird design to be dependent on Sony servers to access apps like Netflix.

Some kind of server status page would be nice. Or an update from Sony.