Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KDL42W653a Apps Issue

SOLVED
Giles_W
New

Sony KDL42W653a Apps Issue

Hello

I have been trying to access the Sony Entertainment Network "All Applications" list, which only brings up a few applications unless I leave it loading on the page for 5 minutes where it finally comes up with the entire selection. 

Once this has happened, if I try and go on an application such as Netflix, I receive the message "The application is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later". The same happens with other apps such as Sky News etc. 

My internet connection is fine and have tried both wired and wireless. I have reset the internet aswell as doing a factory reset and unplugging the television from the wall for 10 minutes.

Could someone please advise me on what I can do to get this working.

Many Thanks 

187 REPLIES 187
profile.country.DK.title
diheor

Same problem here with 42w653. Systemupdate via USB-stick did not solve the problem. Apps disappearing and now working when they are back.
clivis
New

Same problem here apps work itermittently tv is only 2 weeks old our first ever sony tv so very disappointed hope this problem gets resolved quickly.

matofender
Explorer

I bought the 32" version today and am also experiencing this problem....bit disappointed.

Edit: last update about this issue was yesterday? Can someone from Sony give us an update on this situation.

Hudbox
Explorer

I have the same issue on my W905. Either the Apps work fine or they either won't appear or if they do won't load and time out.

It's quite random although today SEN has not worked all day.

I have just bought the KDL-55W807, and it also has this problem. Internet connection is fine (wireless), and I've done an online update to the latest firmware, but still no iPlayer and no LoveFilm (which are the two apps I want in particular).

deaves1

Same here kdl 32w 654a apps wont load or wont appear, tried every reset known to man, im gonna post on sonyuk twitter page to make people aware and to try and get sony to resolve this, can other twitter people post please
profile.country.GB.title
lecrampton

All of a sudden apps seem to be working - I have not changed anything. Long may it continue to work.

jameswc
Explorer

Still broken here (32 inch version). App list never fully loads. It had worked previously.
jameswc
Explorer

correction : a factory reset has solved the problem for now : something must have changed / been fixed in the past hour or 2

I too am here because of same problem - the apps that I want vanishing at the time that I want them from KDL32W653  They are all merrily here this morning but I don't want to watch I-Player and Love Film at 7.30am I want them at 7.30pm.  TV was fine for the first two weeks but now it is all frustration and rage!