Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KDL42W653a Apps Issue

SOLVED
Giles_W
New

Sony KDL42W653a Apps Issue

Hello

I have been trying to access the Sony Entertainment Network "All Applications" list, which only brings up a few applications unless I leave it loading on the page for 5 minutes where it finally comes up with the entire selection. 

Once this has happened, if I try and go on an application such as Netflix, I receive the message "The application is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later". The same happens with other apps such as Sky News etc. 

My internet connection is fine and have tried both wired and wireless. I have reset the internet aswell as doing a factory reset and unplugging the television from the wall for 10 minutes.

Could someone please advise me on what I can do to get this working.

Many Thanks 

187 REPLIES 187
tinewnh64

KDL-47W805A - Apps gone again this evening. Fine last night. I share the collective frustration on a £1000.00 TV that does not fulfil it's specification.
kickerzx
Explorer

I have the same problems on my 55W905A
SimonB89
Explorer

Same problem on W805. EXTREMELY annoying!! Seems to come and go...

IanFerLav

...and as expected after 9pm the service resumes! Are we on some throttled server located on the other side of the world or something? Hope this gets cleared up soon.

profile.country.GB.title
lecrampton

Well your one step ahead of me - nothing appearing here.

Hopefully things will get sorted out on Monday and my Smart TV will actually start to be 'smart'. A pity that Sony haven't been able to sort out the problem over the weekend. I will keep checking but as previously stated by a number of people posting the TV will be returned if it isn't sorted out over the next few days.

Groucho.
Explorer

I too have the very same problem with missing Apps and being unable to run apps.
First noticed yesterday 31/8/2013 - very frustrating ! - Factory reset did restore missing apps but still unable to run iPlayer etc. Eventually resolved after 10pm.
Now having the same problems again - but still not working at 10pm tonight.
Only purchased last week - so will definitely be returning for full refund if this issue is not fully resolved by Sony within the next 48 hour.
Andrew_Fenton
Explorer

I bought a Sony KDL42W653 only yesterday (31 August) and it took a long while for the application to appear.  Once they did... they appeared to work without issue - watched a movie using LoveFilm without any issues.  However today (Sunday 01 September), I have been unable to run any of the applications - I either get reported that the server isn't available and/or application is currently unavailable.

I've been through the usual procedures, which most people have who have posted to this forum thread, i.e. like verifying network connectivity etc., to no avail. 

I very nearly bought a Samsung TV... perhaps now I should have?

Geographically, I am located in the City of York area of the UK.

boyster
Explorer

Same problem on my 32 inch W6. Trying to use IPlayer or LoveFilm and typically getting temporarily unavailable - along with a varied cast of other error messages if you try long enough.

And yes, much older Sony Blu Ray player with Iplayer works fine...

IanFerLav

All quiet on the Sony front.

My access to the apps last night collapsed in the middle of catching up on Celebrity Masterchef! Didn't try this morning. How long, I wonder, do you give before you admit defeat and go elsewhere?

MDR_UK
Explorer

Sorry, but it's quite frustrating to not get a proper acknowledgement of the issue from Sony - can we please not mark this issue as 'solved' - quite scary that the thread is over a week old and Sony doesn't even show this as an ongoing problem.