Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KDL42W653a Apps Issue

SOLVED
Giles_W
New

Sony KDL42W653a Apps Issue

Hello

I have been trying to access the Sony Entertainment Network "All Applications" list, which only brings up a few applications unless I leave it loading on the page for 5 minutes where it finally comes up with the entire selection. 

Once this has happened, if I try and go on an application such as Netflix, I receive the message "The application is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later". The same happens with other apps such as Sky News etc. 

My internet connection is fine and have tried both wired and wireless. I have reset the internet aswell as doing a factory reset and unplugging the television from the wall for 10 minutes.

Could someone please advise me on what I can do to get this working.

Many Thanks 

187 REPLIES 187
desperate_dan
Explorer

Netflix worked for me briefly last night, but this morning it was back to the same temporarily unavailable error.

This issue is far from solved.

Bewesy
Explorer

Hi,

I bought a 42w805 about three weeks ago. Last week or so have seen the same issues as described. My other smart TV (a samsung) is working without issue.

As some of you have said, this is also my first Sony TV, bought as I fancied 'something a little better' than normal. TV is phenomenal but so disappointed with the app problem.

I have also contacted Sony but as yet not had any reply so will be keeping an eye on this thread. I will be attempting to return the TV for another brand if the issue is not sorted.

Come on Sony, get it fixed - this has taken the showbiz-shine of what is potentially a fantastic TV !!

Dacron123
Explorer

Quick tip - if you manage to get the apps to display on the SEN button quickly copy the ones you use most to your home settings (highlight the app then press options button).

The app list is not populating for me on the SEN button but I can select Netflix etc by selecting it from the applications section of the "Home" menu.

Whether the app then works is then entirely hit or miss but at least you will have the icon in your settings!

Like many I'm waiting from some sort of public ackowledgement from Sony that there is a problem and that they are fixing it. It seems much more like a networking/sever error to me due to the flakey/inconsistent nature of the problem.

My patience is wearing thin now as this has been going on for over a week. Hard to recommend this TV at the moment.

pjyorks
Explorer

HI

Any update at all EmilyF?

Thanks

deaves1

Sony obviously have not heard of customer service
Ric.crane
Explorer

Hi I have been getting the same message when to try to log onto love film.was told to log onto love film then to turnoff parental settings,this worked for me,also may work for net flick ...
chsmith2844
Explorer

This issue is NOT solved,Sony really needs to get some communication going on this,it is simply not good enough.

deaves1

Well, ive had to tweet the problem, no other tv are affected, sony are a farce, no communication, it hasnt just been over the weekend, the problem was evident last week. What a joke.
profile.country.GB.title
Drewde
Administrator

Hi all,

Sony are investigating this. All information you can provide is helpful. 

We will keep you updated when we have more information.

Woktolivelife

Is there any specifics which they may find useful