Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KDL55w805 TV Mount Screws

SOLVED
tanbir17

Sony KDL55w805 TV Mount Screws

Just ordered a Sony KDL55W805 and also a tv stand with a mount attached to it.

Can anybody advise me on the type of screws I will need and where I can get them from?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI there

I have not used a stand or wall mount before, so im going on a best guess.  I would strongly advise you contacting the seller for instructions.

As far as I understand it, the TV's VESA holes get lined up with the brackets (highlighted in red) and screwed into that.  I would imagine its a 2 person job.

TV Stand.jpg

Cheers

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The only thing I can find is on page 20 of a manual : HERE

It basically says, use the screws supplied with the mount.

Cheers

tanbir17

page 20 in the manual is referring to screws that was supplied with the mount.

Like I mentioned on my first post, the mount I will be getting does not provide the screws, it's a tv mount that is vertically attached to the table stand, check ebay item 271248877185 for more info
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have had a look at the ebay page and in the description it says:

"All screws fixtures and fittings are suppplied together with an easy to understand instruction manual"

From that, I would assume that the screws/bolts needed, are supplied.  I cannot accurately inform you of the size, as it seems conflicting to me.  So a couple of things to ease your mind.

• Contact the seller to see if the screws/bolts are included
  • Contact Sony Support : HERE as they should have that information. 

As a estimate, it could be either size M6 or M8 - but have no more information than that.

Hope that assists

Cheers

tanbir17

Thanks for your help, the bracket did come with screws. However, the bracket did not come with instructions on how to fit the brackets to the tv.

Can you confirm which way the the two vertical brackets gets attached to the tv, on one side of the bracket there are lots of small holes and on the other there are longer holes that appear in chuncks (if that makes sense!). Also on each vertical bracket there is a big screw which I guess gets screwed to the horizontal bracket stand.

Please advice.

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI there

I have not used a stand or wall mount before, so im going on a best guess.  I would strongly advise you contacting the seller for instructions.

As far as I understand it, the TV's VESA holes get lined up with the brackets (highlighted in red) and screwed into that.  I would imagine its a 2 person job.

TV Stand.jpg

Cheers