Join now - be part of our community!

Sony smp-n200

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
TheLakesman
Visitor

Sony smp-n200

Hi all,

Have noted fluctuation in rates but no drop-outs so far. Unit performs ok, so can only assume it is basically an ISP issue.

Has anyone noticed when connecting to You-tube that when selecting Favourites, there seems to be a limit of 7 applied? Also when selecting Playlists, again a limit, this time 5? Normally scrolling down will reveal the continuity, but not in these cases. Irritatingly, if you have say 10 music vids in a playlist, it will indicate 10, but only play 5.

Am I missing something here? Any suggestions to increase the number played?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Convergence
Visitor

Hi there is a limitation in the files and codec formats when using AV equipment so there will be a difference to what you see on other devices.  A PC is unrestricted we're you BD player may only see some, this is down to the restriction applied by You Tube and the myriad of codecs that are not commonly used

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Convergence
Visitor

Hi there is a limitation in the files and codec formats when using AV equipment so there will be a difference to what you see on other devices.  A PC is unrestricted we're you BD player may only see some, this is down to the restriction applied by You Tube and the myriad of codecs that are not commonly used

TheLakesman
Visitor

Hi Convergence,

Many thanks for post. At least I now know it's not down to me but rather You Tube and codecs.

Interestingly the limitations do not seem to apply to their list of "suggestions" which can play                          30plus vids. Client control methinks, as you suggest, as to where they apply their restriction.

Thanks again, help much appreciated.:smileyhappy: