Join now - be part of our community!

Sony SU-B401S stand/soundbar muffled sound only from the woofer

profile.country.en_GB.title
fastship
Visitor

Sony SU-B401S stand/soundbar muffled sound only from the woofer

I have  Bravia KDL-40EX503 and also a Sony SU-B401S stand/soundbar. I know this product is made for the KDL-40NX723 but this appears to be only in the bracket design which I can easily modify to fit my Bravia. Sony states also:

Compatible Products:

All 102 cm / 40" LCD TV screens

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/tpa-tv-stands---wall-brackets/sub401su/compatible-products#tab

In connecting the soundbar I was only to get muffled sound through the rear bass speaker and no sound at all through the smaller front speakers. The kit is brand new, I used the supplied HDMI cable, correctly plugged it into HDMI1 (ARC) and the rest of the instructions are too simple to go wrong. My firmware is up to date.

My question is – what else can I try or is the product likely to be faulty?

Message was edited by: fastship

2 REPLIES 2
Bravia55HX

Hi,

in order for the soundbar to work correctly for the given models it was intended you need to change the setting in sound from tv speakers to audio system, however im not sure at this point if that will work for you.

fastship
Visitor

Yes I did all that.

The soundbar responds to ARC control, the TV recognises it, it shows up in the menu and the volume of the sub-woofer changes in response to the control from the hand set but that's all I get.

I guess the web site info is incorrect and there is a software incompatabilty between this soundbar and certain 40 inch Bravia LCD tv's.