Join now - be part of our community!

Sound Problems On HD Channels

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Tottione
Visitor

Sound Problems On HD Channels

I have a Sony 40 inch EX503 TV there seems to be a problem when I switch it over to the HD channels, the sound cuts out and comes back on again in split seconds every now and again. On the normal channels everything is ok, it only does it on the hd channels. I have already put the TV back to factory settings and retuned it but it's still doing it. is there a fault with the TV? the picture is blob on! I have owned the TV for 18 months and for the first 12 months everything was fine, can anyone advise me thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bravia55HX

Hi,

have you updated the firmware lately?, i understand theres a fix for that.

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28
Bravia55HX

Hi,

have you updated the firmware lately?, i understand theres a fix for that.

profile.country.GB.title
Testcard

Tottione
Visitor

Hi thank you for posting, yep it sounds like the problem! how do I go about downloading this  to my telly?

Sorry it's just that I'm not one of your up to date teckno's, if you can advise me what to do I will get my daughter to sort it. Thanks again 🙂

profile.country.GB.title
Testcard

Hi Tottione

Updating isn't as complicated as it sounds! If your TV is connected to the internet, then the update should happen automatically. If you're not connected, then you have two options:

• leave the set on standby overnight for a couple of days - this should prompt a firmware update, although it could take a few days as updates are only available on a scheduled basis

• Follow the instructions in this link:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/KDL-40EX503/downloads/FW_Bravia4107EUL

Essentially this method involves downloading a zipped file; unzipping it; copying the resulting folder to a

pendrive and connecting the pendrive to your TV via the USB port on the left hand side of the screen. The

firmware update should then install automatically if you follow the on-screen instructions.

Tottione
Visitor

Thank you Testcard, I will try it this weekend 😉

Tottione
Visitor

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I loaded the link on to a flash drive memory stick, after about 5 seconds the TV came up with a message that it detected a usb device and that's it, it done nothing else and the tv is still showing the programme 😞

profile.country.GB.title
Testcard

OK, did you follow the instructions to the letter? Download the zipped folder on the download page? You need to click on the link towards the bottom of that page. Save the downloaded folder to where you can find it - for example to your desktop. Then you need to unzip the folder, and it's this second folder, in it's entirety, that you need to copy to your pen drive.

Tottione
Visitor

Hi Testcard glad your online mate, I done all that and all that it's coming up with is "usb conected please make sure that's inactive when disconecting"  and that's it the tv carry's pn with the show!

profile.country.GB.title
Testcard

Probably worth checking the version of the firmware that's already on your set.  When you're watching TV, press the Options button on the remote, then scroll all the way down the list, past Speakers to System Information.  Click on that, and you should see the software version. The latest version is

PKG4.107EUL-0108.  What version do you have?