Join now - be part of our community!

Sound Problems On HD Channels

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Tottione
Visitor

Sound Problems On HD Channels

I have a Sony 40 inch EX503 TV there seems to be a problem when I switch it over to the HD channels, the sound cuts out and comes back on again in split seconds every now and again. On the normal channels everything is ok, it only does it on the hd channels. I have already put the TV back to factory settings and retuned it but it's still doing it. is there a fault with the TV? the picture is blob on! I have owned the TV for 18 months and for the first 12 months everything was fine, can anyone advise me thanks

28 REPLIES 28
Tottione
Visitor

Thanks for coming back mate I just looked the number and it reads PKG1.117EUL-0103

profile.country.GB.title
Testcard

Sounds like you do need the firmware update then. Did you check the size of the file you downloaded, before you unzipped it - was it 36.1MB in size? Did it unzip OK? Might be worth trying again with another pen drive if you have one. Make sure there's no other files or folders on it first. Did you copy the entire unzipped folder across to the pen drive, not just the contents? Was the unzipped folder called:

'sony_dtv0FA00A00A0A0_00020100'

Tottione
Visitor

Done it at last whoopee!!!!!!!!!!!

Everything is great including better picture, thank you Testcard I sure am glad I found this forum and you for helping me, your a star mate 😉

profile.country.GB.title
Testcard

Glad the update worked and fixed the audio problem. Enjoy your new Bravia :slight_smile:

Tottione
Visitor

Thank you again Testcard :slight_smile:

Over the last 18 months from owning this supurb piece of kit about 4 or 5 times over this period the TV has kind of switched itself off or back to standby for a few seconds then back on again but with the green light on all the time? strange one I know but hopefully with the new update we put in last night maybe we have killed two birds with one stone!

Time will tell so here's hoping :smileygrin:

profile.country.GB.title
Testcard

Afraid I can't help with the switching on/off issue, but it might be worth trying a search of the forum for others with a similar problem. There's a search box at the top of the home page of this forum. Otherwise fingers crossed that the firmware update has fixed this.

profile.country.GB.title
mipeter59
Explorer

Hi - I have Sony KDL-40HX803 and downloaded the firmware to fix the HD cut-out issue which certainly fixed the problem when the TV's speakers are in use. However, I have recently installed a Yamaha Surround Sound system via an HDMI cable and the same cut-out happens when using the 5.1 speakers - again just the HD channels. Anyone had the same problem ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Check and see if Yamaha has a firmware update?

Cheers

Looten-Duke
Explorer

I have a similar problem with the KDL-W653A only that it is with both sound and picture and it will ONLY happen when watching any HD channel(s) using the built-in Freeview HD...

It happens within a few seconds/minutes of switching over to the HD channel(s), and it happens every time without fail. The screen will go black and the sound will cut out with a message in the bottom left saying 'No Signal'. It happens in a split second then it will come back on again...

I have had a few Firmware Updates, but the problem still remains...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Looten-Duke wrote:

The screen will go black and the sound will cut out with a message in the bottom left saying 'No Signal'. It happens in a split second then it will come back on again...

Hi there

Ive quoted what you said, as thats the crucial part.  When the screen goes blank, audio drops out, and displays "No Signal" - This is all due to reception problems with your aerial.  To confirm this, monitor the Signal Strength and Signal Quality in the System Information area, under product support.

Cheers