Join now - be part of our community!

.SRT Subtitles question to Sony

profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

.SRT Subtitles question to Sony

Hi,

yes its that subject again your keen to avoid!

firstly why is it that Serviio has stated that .srt subtitles is supported (by Serviio) yet Sony are the only ones that dont have the appropiate profile to display it?,

secondly since i have not used Serviio (yet) i can play my media via DLNA using Windows Media Player, now heres the thing, if i play on my computer media player will play subtitles using DirectVobSub no problem, however if i stream using my BDP-S570 although Windows Media Player shows up in XMB when playing through this the subtitles are not there!,

how can we get the appropiate profile for our Sony Hardware to display .SRT

surely something like DirectVobSub which is only 2.10mb big or something similar can be installed via firmware update to solve all this?

we await your thoughts.

42 REPLIES 42
Bravia55HX

Ho Hum!

LightMoon
Visitor

Is good to see this article from CNet.

The era of Japanese consumer electronics giants is dead

Message was edited by: LightMoon

profile.country.fi_FI.title
Superouhe
Visitor

Bought new Sony Bravia, and first fight with the mkv-files, solved with media server software Servioo.

Now I strated to look how I can use .srt /.sub etc subtitles after little googling = PS3 Media Server solved that problem, reads srt files and adds them to movie :slight_smile:

Also reads subtitles from mkv's if there is one.

LightMoon
Visitor

All of us know about DLNA, but we want Sony's devices can play our subttile (Etc : Srt format ) via USB or HDD,

Message was edited by: LightMoon

Xmantium
Visitor

.srt/subtitles/embeded subtitles is coming to Serviio version 1.2 very soon!! :slight_smile:

Been confirmed. Follow progress here - http://forum.serviio.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8255

Since Sony Homestream is built on Serviio, hoping it should be updated too with its features.

There maybe other servers out there that offer subs but theres none as stable and easy to use as Serviio thats supports Sony products.

Catmambo
Contributor

:slight_smile:

profile.country.pl_PL.title
butfullstarz
Visitor

another victim of sony bravia subtitle eating monster.

profile.country.pl_PL.title
butfullstarz
Visitor

hi, so is there any way we can play subtitles on movies, any trick?

LightMoon
Visitor

Nothing happened Yet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Catmambo
Contributor

Work in progress on this one. Will hopefully be a positive update soon.