Join now - be part of our community!

.SRT Subtitles question to Sony

profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

.SRT Subtitles question to Sony

Hi,

yes its that subject again your keen to avoid!

firstly why is it that Serviio has stated that .srt subtitles is supported (by Serviio) yet Sony are the only ones that dont have the appropiate profile to display it?,

secondly since i have not used Serviio (yet) i can play my media via DLNA using Windows Media Player, now heres the thing, if i play on my computer media player will play subtitles using DirectVobSub no problem, however if i stream using my BDP-S570 although Windows Media Player shows up in XMB when playing through this the subtitles are not there!,

how can we get the appropiate profile for our Sony Hardware to display .SRT

surely something like DirectVobSub which is only 2.10mb big or something similar can be installed via firmware update to solve all this?

we await your thoughts.

42 REPLIES 42
Bravia55HX

Hi,

i've been using serviio 1.2 for a while and have found that subtitles are tempermental at best, sometimes it will work flawlessly and other occasions i found it wont, it will either load them or it wont, worth noting that on occasion it will come up that the playable file is corrupt or unsupported, but if you restart the pc or laptop and try again it works !, still its a lot of faffing about if you ask me.

hard to determine at this point which is at fault.

melgund
Visitor

Any news on the positive update?

Thanks

Farley1975
Visitor

I tried the latest Homestream but results were not great - sometimes subs worked, sometimes they didn't. I don't have the time to stuff around. Mezzmo (another server) burns hard subs into my videos reliably so I can see them without any stuffing around. So finally I can see my subtitles - but *please* Sony support external and embedded subtitles in your products!