Join now - be part of our community!

Start-up Sound Suddenly Stopped - 55HX923

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
stumpybloke
New

Start-up Sound Suddenly Stopped - 55HX923

Hi guys,

I know I am in the minority here by actually wanting the start-up sound but please hear me our ... :smileygrin:

As of today, my 55HX923 no longer does the startup sound when I turn the TV on via the remote, but I use the master (rocker) switch on the set itself, it does.  I have reset the TV but to no avail.

I am positive I am not imagining that it did it before via the remote...could someone please confirm and try it for me?

EDIT: I am now wondering if its a timing thing...ie if I turn the TV on and off quite quickly (with the remote), say within a minute or so, it doesnt bing, but if its left for longer it does bing (just tried it).  Would really appreciate someone checking for me please :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance.

Richard

Message was edited by: stumpybloke

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
stumpybloke
New

Hi, yes I checked all that thanks.  I think its more of a timing issue - ie when turning on and off the TV quickly via the remote it wont keep beeping, but when doing the same via the rocker switch it does.

Whereas if the TV is turned on after being turned off for a while using the remote it will bing as expected.

Thanks

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
KatherineYH
Visitor

You could probably permanently disable it by hurling a real stone through the digital pool it projects.

Life is too serious to be taken seriously https://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/text-smiley.png

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

KatherineYH wrote:

You could probably permanently disable it by hurling a real stone through the digital pool it projects.

Life is too serious to be taken seriously https://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/text-smiley.png

@KatherineYH

Why copy and paste a totally irrelevant post from another forum? You sad person.

http://forum.calgarypuck.com/archive/index.php/t-93194.html

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
stumpybloke
New

I knew I had red that saying before too Rich!  Perhaps the account was hacked because only a genuine freak would post that here!

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Unfortunately KatherineYh posts such nonsensical cut and paste answers all over these forums! So genuine freak it is.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
stumpybloke
New

Makes you wonder why they aren't banned!

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Richard,

Unfortunately now that all in sundry, whether they have a registered Sony product or not, can register and post on the forums, once banned or shamed they just create a new account and continue to post.

The member in question is only one of several (some of whom we suspect to be the same person) that post nonsense that will probably one day cause someone to brick their equipment.

Until such time as the powers that be take this seriously there is little that can be done apart from monitoring their posts and highlighting misinformation to the OP and other members.:smileysad:

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
stumpybloke
New

Just goes to prove how shallow and empty their life must be to have to resort to projecting their issues on public forums!

Catmambo
Contributor

Hi Stumpybloke

Have you updated the firmware and then reset the TV. The sound itself comes from the TV not the remote. Have you check its not switched off in the sound settings as well as you can toggle it on and off..

thanks

stumpybloke
New

Hi, yes I checked all that thanks.  I think its more of a timing issue - ie when turning on and off the TV quickly via the remote it wont keep beeping, but when doing the same via the rocker switch it does.

Whereas if the TV is turned on after being turned off for a while using the remote it will bing as expected.

Thanks