Join now - be part of our community!

Stop the Rubbish Sound Fields!

ToonPatriot
Explorer

Stop the Rubbish Sound Fields!

Whenever I change channel/put ps4 on etc. the scene selection on my W8 Bravia changes, As I would like it to, changing the picture settings.
HOWEVER, the sound field on my STR DH820 AV Receiver also changes. I like AFD Auto - listening to the way it should be, occasionly with ProLogic 2 on some stereo movies to upmix it to 5.1... BUT I HATE IT WHEN IT PUTS SPORT ON CONSTANTLY and other crap sound fields... I hate having to change the sound field EVERY TIME I change channel. Doing my head in.. How can I stop this happening?!?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I also have this issue too (W807 and DH820), and it was driving me nuts - In the end, I just turned Scene Select to "General" and modified my Picture settings to specific HDMI connected devices.

Unfortunately I cannot find another viable option

Cheers

PS: On a side note (considering you have a similar setup to mine), have you had any sound syncing problems (or audio drop-outs) especially on switching everything on, when its been off for a while??

ToonPatriot
Explorer

Yeah, When I switch everything on, sometimes I will have to then turn the receiver off and on in order to pick up the sound. although it never happens during use.

So is the only solution to stop the sound field changing by itself to get a non-SONY AV receiver... ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess you could try turing off the Bravia Sync functions (however you will loose the single remote, auto switch on etc).  Not tried it, so cannot confirm.

Thanks for info - that exactly what I have to do as well.  Im looking at a HDMI handshake/switching issue between a connected device.

ToonPatriot
Explorer

Ahh would that setting be on the receiver?
A shame as I do want it to change the scene selection to game for example when I play PS$ through my receiver - So I will have to then fo and change that as opposed to changing the sound field, So the solution to 1 problem causes another! lol

Someone needs t be sacked for deciding that it should automatically make your rear speakers echo whenever you watch anything sport related.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, the setting is on the reciever - Use the GUI button, goto settings and find "CTRL for HDMI"

It does seem for you though, fix one issue create another !!

Sacked is a bit harsh, but certainly a flogging with the cat-o-nine-tails.  It wasnt quite thought out.  I like having my sound field between A.F.D Auto and Multi-Stereo - Don't like the rest :slight_smile:

ToonPatriot
Explorer

AFD Auto for me and maybe prologic if im watching a stereo thing.