Join now - be part of our community!

Strange Morse Code from telly

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
grahammay2
Visitor

Strange Morse Code from telly

Why when switched off does my TV make noises akin to muted morse code?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StartTheCar
Contributor

Hi grahammay2, welcome to the Sony Forum

'Strange' is certainly the correct word.  By best guess (and that’s all I can provide at the minute) is that the noise you hear is the television cooling down and its materials contracting as it loses temperature.   Assuming that’s the case, it’s perfectly normal.

That being said, I have never seen it described as muted morse code before, so do keep and eye (ear) on it and if you remain concerned I would consult the supplying retailer who may be able to take a look.

Best regards
Lee  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StartTheCar
Contributor

Hi grahammay2, welcome to the Sony Forum

'Strange' is certainly the correct word.  By best guess (and that’s all I can provide at the minute) is that the noise you hear is the television cooling down and its materials contracting as it loses temperature.   Assuming that’s the case, it’s perfectly normal.

That being said, I have never seen it described as muted morse code before, so do keep and eye (ear) on it and if you remain concerned I would consult the supplying retailer who may be able to take a look.

Best regards
Lee  

grahammay2
Visitor

Hello Lee

it is nothing to do with cooling down, it can have been switched off for hours and the noise starts for a few seconds, silence for say 2/3 mins, starts again this can repeat 3/4 times.