Join now - be part of our community!

Tech question about Sony Bravia KDL40R473ABU

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
johne53
Visitor

Tech question about Sony Bravia KDL40R473ABU

I'm thinking about accepting a Sony Bravia KDL40R473ABU TV set after having to return a faulty LG 37LS570T (bought a week ago). The shop has no more LG's in stock but they highly recommend the KDL40R473ABU.

Although not a match for the Sony (picture wise) one really, really, really nice feature of the LG was that I could set up different colour balances for each input. So the aerial input (say) could have different colour settings from the HDMI inputs. I found this extremely useful for colour-matching my different input devices. The salesman reckoned that the Bravia probably has a similar feature but he couldn't seem to demo it to me. Anyone know if such a feature is available on the KDL40R473ABU?

Message was edited by: johne53

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
johne53
Visitor

Thanks Quinnicus. I just heard back from Sony Tech Support. Apparently I can make limited changes for each input (for example, I can change the Picture Mode between "Vivid" / "Standard" etc) and I can apparently also have a different Colour Temperature setting for each input but that's about it. Full control over the settings isn't available.

I must admit I'm not 100% sure if I believe that (given that one of the available Picture Mode settings is "Custom") but that's what they said so I suppose I'll have to play safe and look elsewhere. Thanks for your reply.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I cannot confirm on this TV (as I havent seen it myself). However I have a 2011 Sony TV, and I can set up different settings on each HDMI port by changing the Target Inputs from Common to Current in the Display settings. I dont see why Sony wouldnt offer this still.

So If you want to test it out again, its -

Display Settings > Target Inputs > Common or Current (well on mine anyhow)

Hope that helps

johne53
Visitor

Thanks Quinnicus. I just heard back from Sony Tech Support. Apparently I can make limited changes for each input (for example, I can change the Picture Mode between "Vivid" / "Standard" etc) and I can apparently also have a different Colour Temperature setting for each input but that's about it. Full control over the settings isn't available.

I must admit I'm not 100% sure if I believe that (given that one of the available Picture Mode settings is "Custom") but that's what they said so I suppose I'll have to play safe and look elsewhere. Thanks for your reply.