Join now - be part of our community!

The new SWF-BR100W

SOLVED
Xaiunara
Explorer

The new SWF-BR100W

Hey, I was just wondering why the new subwoofer only supports 2014 Bravia Models? Just bought a 2013 model (KDL-55X9005A) and while the built in speakers/sub are not bad, I want a proper subwoofer. Will there be any compability in the future maybe? Or do I have to attach external soundsystem (defeats the purpose of the nice built in speakers though, might as well have bought a cheaper and bigger 65" with external soundsystem)

Are there any other options to attach only a subwoofer to the TV? Any Ideas?

BR Tobi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
sound10

Hi I have received an official response from Sony UK with regards to this. It reads as follows :-

Thank you so much for contacting Sony support.

As per you query today in regards to the wireless speakers model number "SWF-BR100" whether it's compatible with your specific TV model which is "KD-55X9005A" or not i found that it's not compatible with it as it's using an advanced technology that is not featured in your specific TV model.

When it comes to the wireless compatible speakers that's why Sony is manufacturing several models with a wide range of variety to fulfill a different customers' preferences for marketing purposes.

Eventually we do appreciate your feedback about this specific model as it constitutes the platform of our new inventions and that will be definitely considered in the future.

Thanks and best regards,
Kevin

SONY SUPPORT TEAM
SUPPORT: http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en

I guess that means that it's not compatible with the X9005A or any 2013 Bravia Models which is a real shame 😞

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI there

As this connects to the TV via a USB dongle (wireless transmitter), in theory this could just be a simple FW update for TV's - however at this moment I do not know if Sony plan to make this backward compatible with previous years TV's.  It might be best to contact Sony directly : HERE

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
sound10

Hi, again this is potentially another example of Sony excluding their 2013 customers who have bought their flagship X9005A TV's. This subwoofer looks pretty good and should definitely have been backwards compatible with the X9005A. Will contact Sony UK and raise the issue with them. Hopefully their will be a resolution with regards to this asap.

Will keep you posted :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
sound10

Hi, I have phoned Sony UK Customer Service and made them aware of this issue. I have been assured that this will be looked into and they will be in contact as soon as they have an answer/resolution.

However with the varying Customer Service that I have received from Sony UK, I'm not entirely sure that this will happen.

I would be very grateful please if the Sony Forum Team could pass this message onto the relevant departments to investigate and hopefully resolve this issue.

Xaiunara
Explorer

Great! Thanks for raising the issue! I will contact them as well and hope they will consider making it backwards compatible... I mean: don't you want my money SONY? :wink:

BR Tony

profile.country.GB.title
sound10

Hi I have received an official response from Sony UK with regards to this. It reads as follows :-

Thank you so much for contacting Sony support.

As per you query today in regards to the wireless speakers model number "SWF-BR100" whether it's compatible with your specific TV model which is "KD-55X9005A" or not i found that it's not compatible with it as it's using an advanced technology that is not featured in your specific TV model.

When it comes to the wireless compatible speakers that's why Sony is manufacturing several models with a wide range of variety to fulfill a different customers' preferences for marketing purposes.

Eventually we do appreciate your feedback about this specific model as it constitutes the platform of our new inventions and that will be definitely considered in the future.

Thanks and best regards,
Kevin

SONY SUPPORT TEAM
SUPPORT: http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en

I guess that means that it's not compatible with the X9005A or any 2013 Bravia Models which is a real shame 😞

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the update sound10 - I was litterally just about to fire a message off in regards to this.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

@Quinnicus wrote:

Thanks for the update sound10 - I was litterally just about to fire a message off in regards to this.

To avoid any confusion, because sound10 had requested that someone from the Sony Team pass on his message, I thought I would add that Forum users with the title Expert are not Sony employees..:smileywink:

profile.country.GB.title
sound10

Hi Thalamus, thanks for your message. I had assumed that you guys with the title "Expert" were infact Sony UK Employees. Obviously I was wrong ! Thanks for clearing that up. Cheers :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome, it's a common mistake your not the first & I am sure you wont be the last to think we are Sony employees..

However that does not mean that we can not assist in trying to solve other users problems though, so please continue to ask for help because we do have contacts who can sometimes help us out if we do not know the answer..:smileywink: