Join now - be part of our community!

Trailers on Bravia

SOLVED
profile.country.SE.title
Midaz45645735684684567465

Trailers on Bravia

Hello, I went to http://www.demo-world.eu/trailers and downloaded some random trailers

from DTS, DOLBY some movies etc.

I downloaded the latest update for TV today 65W855A actually 4.201EUA i believe and run the

trailers from the topmost USB port at the left hand side with an USB disk.

These are the results:

HOBBIT2_trailer1_5.1-1080p-HDTN.mp4                        soundproblem as audio lags the video

thehobbit2-sneakpeek_h1080p.mp4                              "playback not available"

broken-arrow-trailer-1080p-HDTN.mp4                            works :slight_smile:

hd_dts_animated_logo.m2ts                                          can not seek in file

hd_dolby_countdown_v2.m2ts                                       can not seek in file

hd_dolby_countdown_V2_lossless.m2ts                         can not seek in file and no sound

hd_dts_animated_logo_lossless.m2ts                             can not seek in file and no sound

hd_distributor_jerry_bruckheimer_films.m2ts                   can not seek in file

hd_dts_sfx_short_lossless.m2ts                                    can not seek in file and no sound

hd_dolby_digital_plus.m2ts                                            can not seek in file

hd_distributor_sony_pictures.m2ts                                 can not seek in file

hd_dolby_truehd_channel_check_lossless.m2ts              can not seek in file and no sound

hd_dolby_digital_plus_channel_check_lossless.m2ts       can not seek in file and no sound

hd_dolby_digital_plus_lossless.m2ts                               can not seek in file and no sound

When trying to seek or ffw in files I get a warning traingle that says:function not available in this file

however seeking the same file using for example VLC was no problem at all.

VLC played all files without any problems using my 5yo+ old dual core dell.

So Bravia quad core Pro has problems with seeking and sound thats all.

Thanks

-Peter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Midaz (with seemingly randomised numbers)

Your post here, is a....where do I start one :slight_smile:

License Fees -

I am unsure on the full range of fees, however one that I do know of is the DIVX codec, which requires a playback license (can be purchased in bulk).  The most popular codecs in use today are open source - see HERE.

Video Playback

I am not 100% sure on the exact chip composition of the TV's, but even though the TV may seemingly have a powerful processor, it negates the "probable" fact that the decoding on the TV is done via software.

As stated in a one of your other topics, I own a dedicated media player which has a Realtek 1186 single core chip @0.75Ghz.  However built into the chipset it has dedicated video/audio decoding instructions to hardware decode anything I care to throw at it (excluding 4K video and the newer H265 HEVC codec). 

Therefore software decoding is very much inefficient in regards to decoding video and audio files.  A TV also has to do many other things as well 100% of the time and you must remember it is not a computer.

I think what I am trying to say is, even though a modern tv has a seeminly powerful processor, it is still not powerful enought to software decode many processor intensive codecs

Service Menu:

I am unable to help you on the code, I would have though the one you said would work.  I have tried getting hold of the service manual as well for you model with no success unfortunately.

Bug Threads:

There are no specific threads for bugs - Being a mainly community run forum, Sony would prefer you contact them directly in regards to issues that require immediate attention. However it doesnt hurt to start a thread at all, as others may be able to confirm or deny that the issue exists in the first place - as having a number of people report the same issue, the priority may/should increase.  If that makes any sense.

Hope all this helps

Cheers

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have tested a couple of these files on my 2011 (NX723) TV

• hd_dts_animated_logo.m2ts
  • hd_dolby_countdown_V2_lossless.m2t

When playing the files on the TV, via USB, they do not register a time - therefore cannot fast-forward etc.  Being as these are test files, it doesnt matter one iota in my opinion, only the files that I wish to play matters.

In regards to the lossless - your TV (and mine) cannot play lossless audio codecs natively on the TV.  For a list of supported codecs on your TV see:

http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/13MH850111/EN/codeclist.html#5

Cheers

profile.country.SE.title
Midaz45645735684684567465

Yeah I think I got the link from this or the US forum, dont remember really, just downloaded to test for fun

because being 1080p and all and cause the THX logo and others are nice :slight_smile:

Thought these formats were pretty much industry standard being just simple logos and soundtests.

Strange this thing with m2ts files being in the spec and all.

hd_dts_animated_logo.m2ts shows 16s @ bravia but 21s @ VLC and WMplayer

hd_dolby_countdown_V2_lossless.m2t shows 17 @ bravia but 20s @ VLC WMplayer

Quinnicus, are there alot of licensing fees involved when using decoders for audio/video and stuff for a Bravia TV,

is this why the decoder support is typically scarce in comparison to VLC, mediaboxes etc..?

Do you know how to access the service menu on the 65W855A?

Tried with  i+  5  vol+  I/O

and also    i+  5  vol-  I/O

should i+ 5 vol be held down when pressing I/O

I noticed the feature request thread which is nice, do we have a similar bug thread

or are there specific threads for this for specific TVs/series (platforms)?

Thanks

-Peter

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Midaz (with seemingly randomised numbers)

Your post here, is a....where do I start one :slight_smile:

License Fees -

I am unsure on the full range of fees, however one that I do know of is the DIVX codec, which requires a playback license (can be purchased in bulk).  The most popular codecs in use today are open source - see HERE.

Video Playback

I am not 100% sure on the exact chip composition of the TV's, but even though the TV may seemingly have a powerful processor, it negates the "probable" fact that the decoding on the TV is done via software.

As stated in a one of your other topics, I own a dedicated media player which has a Realtek 1186 single core chip @0.75Ghz.  However built into the chipset it has dedicated video/audio decoding instructions to hardware decode anything I care to throw at it (excluding 4K video and the newer H265 HEVC codec). 

Therefore software decoding is very much inefficient in regards to decoding video and audio files.  A TV also has to do many other things as well 100% of the time and you must remember it is not a computer.

I think what I am trying to say is, even though a modern tv has a seeminly powerful processor, it is still not powerful enought to software decode many processor intensive codecs

Service Menu:

I am unable to help you on the code, I would have though the one you said would work.  I have tried getting hold of the service manual as well for you model with no success unfortunately.

Bug Threads:

There are no specific threads for bugs - Being a mainly community run forum, Sony would prefer you contact them directly in regards to issues that require immediate attention. However it doesnt hurt to start a thread at all, as others may be able to confirm or deny that the issue exists in the first place - as having a number of people report the same issue, the priority may/should increase.  If that makes any sense.

Hope all this helps

Cheers