Join now - be part of our community!

Trouble with Mediaremote

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
slittle36
Visitor

Trouble with Mediaremote

Hello to you all,

A few weeks ago I came across Mediaremote and thought I'd try and get it to work with my blu-ray player (S370). Try as I might, my iphone and unit just wouldn't see each other, (with many a factory reset etc) even though both were happily visible on the same network. I then bought a tv last weekend (KDL-26EX320) and thought I'd give it another try with that, but again to no avail. I figured that it couldn't just be bad luck as both models were supprted for the app, so my thoughts turned to my router...a BT Home Hub 3. I've scoured the settings for anything obvious (but I admit I'm no techno whizz), turned the firewall and UPnP off and on again but still no joy.

Any thoughts from you whizzes?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bravia55HX

Hi,

admittedly its a bit fiddely to do and sometimes takes several goes at it but you do need both devices turned on and be ready to "pair" them together, the on screen instructions seem a bit vague but the two devices do need to see each other, its not your router so leave that be.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Bravia55HX

Hi,

admittedly its a bit fiddely to do and sometimes takes several goes at it but you do need both devices turned on and be ready to "pair" them together, the on screen instructions seem a bit vague but the two devices do need to see each other, its not your router so leave that be.

slittle36
Visitor

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to reply.

I spent a good few hours doing exactly that with both units, with the blu-ray in "scan" mode (which the tv doesn't have, but it was in "discoverable", or words to that effect), trying it in either order - iphone in discovery mode first and vice versa, but still remained undiscovered. I can't actually see why it should be fiddly, especially after seeing others on the forum who had it set up almost immediately - hence the thought that it might be something else (ie the router) causing the communication problem.

Catmambo
Contributor

Have you updated the firmware on both devices - and maybe even the router as well?

thanks

slittle36
Visitor

Hello to you,

Yep, updated both and the router. I'm thinking I'm just unlucky with this one!