Join now - be part of our community!

TV Sideview app on iPad not working properly

SOLVED
bmanzi
Explorer

TV Sideview app on iPad not working properly

I have the latest version of Sideview on my ipad controlling my BRAVIA KDL-22EX553. Sideview is registered on the tv but when I use the app to select a channel from the watch now guide it won't switch the tv channel over it just flags up no playback. The remote control app by itself works and performs all functions requested.
Is this a bug in the app or am I doing something wrong
Thanks
Brinzlee
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
bthom1968
Explorer

KDL42W805A and KDL32W653 now working with iOS app on iPad2, iPhone 4 and iPhone 5 all running iOS 7.0.4

Renderer - yeah, what the...

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.en_GB.title
gofrost

The app for ipad only seems to work with a wired ethernet connection from the tv to the router,If you have updated to ios 7 you will have to reregister the device again.If it still won't work uninstall and reinstall app.My connections were 55w9 and nsz-gs7 wireless did'nt work, wired connection worked the app for sony tablets works either way.

bmanzi
Explorer

Thanks for the heads up on that.....I am using iOS7, I have deleted the App and reinstalled it as well as re-registering it on the TV......I am uanable to hard wire the TV to the router because of its location so am forced to use a wifi connection. What I find strange is the app does talk to the TV because I can control it from the area marked remote which brings up a little remote control on the iPad screen. You can use that to perform all functionallity of the TV, so communication is being established.....I guess its just a bug with the App....Are there any Sony software engineers that read these forums or do you have to phone to report the problem ?

profile.country.en_GB.title
gofrost

Have you tried a wifi range extender and then connecting that to the tv this might work,my app used to work in a fashion and then stopped completely even before the update.You could be right that there is an issue with the apple app as my sony tablet connects no problem via wifi with all functions on the sideview.There seem to be posts from people that have connections to sony so they may be reading these posts.

profile.country.GB.title
bthom1968
Explorer

It does work - but first you must clear out all the Renderer access settings in the TV and TV controls from the TV (Settings menu)

then resetup TV Sideview - both iOS and TV must be completely clear of remote devices.

Then it works.

Took me ages to figure this out - poor update from Sony.

bmanzi
Explorer

I'm either a dumb dumb (no comments please) or missing the point some where......I have deleted, reinstalled the app.....deleted the association on the TV,done a fresh re Renderer (What a name !!) yet still when I press the circle with the computer screen within it, on a programme from the Watch Now screen....I still get my favourite little words "cannot playback"

What TV did yours work with.....mines a 22" model Bravia......maybe it works on some and not all !!

profile.country.GB.title
bthom1968
Explorer

KDL42W805A and KDL32W653 now working with iOS app on iPad2, iPhone 4 and iPhone 5 all running iOS 7.0.4

Renderer - yeah, what the...