Join now - be part of our community!

typing using a tv remote control in an Internet search engine

profile.country.en_GB.title
Janna_S
Visitor

typing using a tv remote control in an Internet search engine

Hi. I've connected my tv to the Internet & can use bbc iplayer & itvplayer successfully. However I can't type using my remote control in the google search box. is this function available using my remote control? thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Bravia55HX

Hi,

yes you can but its really not the best way, move the cursor to highlight the google search and click the centre button it will bring up the text window then you scroll through each letter you want clicking center button each time, when done hit enter, its time consuming, however if you have a smartphone you can use the media remote app as thats much faster or you can use the pc using the remote keyboard lite software.

Janna_S
Visitor

Hi, clear & helpful advice. All sorted. Thanks. Next one...How do I install ITVplayer so it comes up on the list of channels available alongside bbc iplayer rather than having to go through google to search for it which is rather time consuming.

Bravia55HX

i dont use my Bravia for internet, as far as im aware ITV player is not available on Bravia yet, however i cant see why you should not be able to get it up on Google and Bookmark it there for when you want it.

unless of coarse the Bravia platform wont allow it to work that way.