Join now - be part of our community!

Update of Bravia W905 broke Fast Zapping

SOLVED

Update of Bravia W905 broke Fast Zapping

Hello,

My Sony KDL-46W905 was updated yesterday and the update broke fast zapping!

Fast zapping was previously showing the whole (scaled) picture in the rectangle on the left. Now it shows only part of the original picture which is inside the rectangle. It means you do not see most of the picture which renders fast zapping completely useless. Does anyone know how to roll back this "update"? Or is there an option to put the whole picture inside the rectangle? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks.

Surprisingly it works just fine right now (one day later, without reset or any change in settings).

Could this be an intermittent problem caused by a software bug in the latest update?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have just tested this on my TV (KDL-42W807a), which has the same firmware as your TV.  The "video" rectangle scales down perfectly for me.  You cannot roll-back the FW update either.

Your best bet at this moment is to perform a factory reset of the TV - this may clear out any "gremlins" as such.  Other than that, I have no other suggestions at this stage.

Cheers.

Thanks.

Surprisingly it works just fine right now (one day later, without reset or any change in settings).

Could this be an intermittent problem caused by a software bug in the latest update?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Im glad its now working for you.  Maybe just a temporary glitch.  Hopefully it continues to function correctly anyhow.

Cheers