Join now - be part of our community!

US Netflix on sony device registered in Denmark

AuuraS
New

US Netflix on sony device registered in Denmark

Hi there

Hope you can help me with a problem that involves the American version of Netflix on a Sony KDL 46HX753 registered in Denmark.

A couple of months ago I subscribed to the Netflix Nordic, the only one that was available at that time here in Denmark. Some time after, it became possible to register with the US Netflix by using an American IP address, so I unsubscribed the Danish one and subscribed to the US one. The problem occured when I wanted to see netflix on my tv. So now, I have the Netflix feature on my TV but it's the Danish one and everytime I try to connect it asks if I want to restart my subscription. How do I erase the Nordic Netflix feature and get the American Netflix feature instead on my tv?  It looks as if I would need an activation code - and I don't know how to get that. Can you please assist me?

Thank you!

AuraS

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I am assuming that you have given the TV a US DNS Address to go through (however, I dont think it is as simple as that for a TV).  Unfortuantely I dont know exactly how this works (or doesnt work) on a TV.  You could try a factory reset of the TV - to ensure that any settings are gone.  When I had Netflix (via the PS3) - I used a service called unblockus (google it) and worked very well in regards to accessing US Netflix.

Cheers

profile.country.DK.title
jetkeep

Hi I might be able to help here.

I have a US VPN, provided by strong vpn which gives me a
US IP, the TV must be setup in the network settings
with the US IP supplied by your US IP provider.

Then you need to log out of netflix and log in again
with the new US IP, you should then have a US Netflix.

I also use Strong VPN because they can supply a router
made by Sabai routers that gives you a WIFI US IP,
so i have both TDC router with DK WIFI IP and a Sabai router
with WIFI US IP.

Hope this helps if not post again let us know how you get on.
AuuraS
New

Thankx for the tips. I'll give it a try and see what happens.