Join now - be part of our community!

Using NFC between Sony Bravia W905 and Samsung Galaxy SIII

Using NFC between Sony Bravia W905 and Samsung Galaxy SIII

Hi, anyone that can guide me in how to use NFC to show my images on the Samsung Phone on my Sony television?  Models mentioned in the subject line.

Do I need an application on my phone.  On the phonescreen it says new tag, listing to different Sony "lines".  On the television screen I get an message to keep holding the device close to the NFC tag, but nothing more happens.

Regards Lisbeth

23 REPLIES 23
profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Have you paired the NFC remote with the TV?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I dont know much about NFC - But I did find this : 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sony.easyconnect&hl=en

Please post back if it works.

Cheers.

Yes the remote is paired, and, when I hold the mobile close to it, I get a message on the tv.  That the device is not registered, but hold it for some seconds, but nothing happens.....

I have now tested this app.  In the link you posted it was mentioned that i don't have to  start the app first.  If I dont open the app nothing happens.  I open the app and I get a list with several bluetooth elements, one is BRAVIA.

I choose Bravia and say ok to to pair to it, I get a mesage with a code to confirm on my phone, but still nothing happens on my tv..

I have also tested to search for bluetooth devices, but my tv does not find my phone.  My phone is visible for other devices..

dicoisn
New

Hi,
I exactly have the same problem...
Did you find a solution to fix it?
Thx
profile.country.en_GB.title
gofrost

Bluetooth is for a mouse there a whole load of different bluetooth profiles,don't samsung have self adhesive nfc labels maybe try a different one.

costasziros

Dear friend,

I have the same problem on Bravia W805A the TV don't find my galaxy S3 mobile at NFC and at Bluetooth mode.

but......

If you want to see your phone at the TV --you can go at menu TV -mirroring and then at your galaxy S3 menu - Allshare Cast.  So you can pair TV and you can see your phone on TV screen.

and finaly you can download on your phone from google play the app "TV SideView" . With this app you can use your phone for another remote control or you can use your phone for keypad and mousepad like laptop.

but unfortunatelly NFC and Bluetooth Sony TV don't work with samsung s3 - s4

simonsmidt
Explorer

Unfortunately Sony is not telling the complete truth when they say on their website that you can use your smartphone with NFC for mirroring. 

See this site [Dutch]: http://www.sony.be/lang/nl/product/tv-117-46-lcd/kdl-46w905a?cpint=15044703

It is only after contact with their repair service that they pointed me to this site, where it is mentioned that only Sony Experia phones/tablets are compatible: http://helpguide.sony.net/lifestyle/nl/mirror/

I hope that somebody from Sony is reading this thread as well and that they will do a software upgrade allowing all NFC smartphones to mirror with the TV.

Tags (1)