Join now - be part of our community!

Best solution for 42inch streaming with decent browser

Stevercars
Explorer

Best solution for 42inch streaming with decent browser

I have purchased an Sony Bravia 42W653A smart Tv with the intention of watching Bt Sport and other sports and films online, not just using apps.
I used to connect laptop to other Tv but the other half complained about it being untidy lol. Well it does not work with the Bravia as the browser states insufficient memory and that is only opening the BT Sport page. So an expensive upgraded Tv that does not fulfil requirements although an excellent Tv otherwise. I would like to keep the Bravia but the other half is stating I am wasting more money.
What I want is a solution that is not expensive and works, has anyone got any thoughts?
Will the Sony NSZ-GS7 (although expensive) do the job and if it did would it cause any conflicts? I believe the browser will be sufficient or how about the Sky Now Tv box or a Google tv streamer?

I have sufficient broadband connection with standard digital aerial as well as sat dish (sky)

Thanks for suggestions
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Do you have Windows 8.1 on your Laptop?  If so, you can use a product called Netgear PTV3000 Push2TV. 

Just to let you know, the inbuilt browser on the TV, does not have Flash support, therefore many streaming sites will not work though it anyhow.

In regards to the Sony NSZ-GS7 - I have not used it, so I cannot tell you want you cannot already google.  My advice is to google it, read all the reviews (especially amature reviews on Amazon etc) and basically research it to ensure that it suits your requirements.

Cheers

Stevercars
Explorer

Hi thanks for reply no windows 7 and I do not use laptop much now so not worth the upgrade, I have iPad and IPhone which do not help either as Apple block mirroring unless with Apple TV and then Sky block it, not sure about BT.
Looked at reviews for the Bavaria but never found a negative as far as what I wanted it for.

Just trying to see if someone else has solved my issues so I can keep the Bravia and keep the other half happy lol

Thanks for input anyone else any ideas?
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only other option if you absolutely cannot connect your laptop to the TV and is cheaper than the Google TV is to have a look at the Android TV boxes that are around.  There are quite a lot of them.  One that caught my interest is this one :

www.amazon.co.uk/DroidBOX-iMX6-Android-4-2-Box/dp/B00DIJXZ6Q/

Other than that, good luck on your quest :slight_smile: