Join now - be part of our community!

Using NFC between Sony Bravia W905 and Samsung Galaxy SIII

Using NFC between Sony Bravia W905 and Samsung Galaxy SIII

Hi, anyone that can guide me in how to use NFC to show my images on the Samsung Phone on my Sony television?  Models mentioned in the subject line.

Do I need an application on my phone.  On the phonescreen it says new tag, listing to different Sony "lines".  On the television screen I get an message to keep holding the device close to the NFC tag, but nothing more happens.

Regards Lisbeth

23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I kind of expected the same answer too.

I guess your going to have to use screen mirroring via miracast and not NFC

profile.country.da_DK.title
Nielsen

I quite frankly don't understand all the commotion. If you want to connect your android device to your TV, -just do it manually with wifi-direct or miracast and forget about NFC.
As I understand the NFC is only used to setup the security/registration for the wifi-direct anyway.
It's probably some software issue in the NFC tagging process- transfer of info, which probably are not yet standard. Has anyone paired a windows and a android phone?

Since I'm not the "happy" owner of an android device I can't advise any further on miracast/wifi-direct, but it gives all the connectivity you need imho.

On the other hand I enjoy the bashing of any electronic giant for all their high headed promises they and their customers tend to choke in.

DaKirba
New

I have the same problem with Galaxy S3 and NFC.
But the upgrade of this problem is, that I can't even get the screen mirroring working manually.
When I go to screen mirroring menu on my phone, the phone starts searching for devices, but it can't find my TV. How can this be?
I've also paired the devices via wi-fi direct, but the screen mirroring still doesn't work.
Does anyone have any clue what could be wrong?
profile.country.da_DK.title
Nielsen

The TV should be set into the Miracast input mode, before connecting. Try to toggle your wifi on your android device, if connects fail.

Maybe these links can help (disregard the display stick):

http://blog.laptopmag.com/miracast-android-mini-pc

http://sony-eur-eu-en-web--eur.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11632/kw/

I see at least 4 pit holes for success on screen mirroring:

1. Miracast certification on both devices is needed. The transmitting device as an ex. must have natively GPU h.264 encoding support to handle this heavy task. See other posts.
  2. All the WIFI interference problems, -and they are many.
  3. Pairing process. Get familiar with the WIFI security. Maybe there is another issue here besides NFC. Based on another post I'll suggest reviewing/ avoiding crapware/ bloatware on the transmitting device also- good idea anyway.
  4. Resolution on both devices must be compatible (same as with HDMI cable). Change resolution on the transmitting device if needed.