Join now - be part of our community!

VC-1 support

profile.country.SK.title
mfoldes
Explorer

VC-1 support

Why Sony don't support VC-1 codec in MKV?

I have model W805, but newest also doesn't supporting it.

[Edited by Nadine1325 for profanity]

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

As a suggestion, use a program called Handbreak : HERE  and convert the file/s to one of the supported : HERE

Cheers

profile.country.SK.title
mfoldes
Explorer

Thank you, but this is not solution for me. Conversion from VC-1 to H.264 is really not in 100% same quality than source. And also, it takes long...

I don't have and I don't need large blu ray player device. I have only one BD drive in my computer.

So what can I do, if I would like play my lossless copies with codec VC-1, which are on external hard drive?

Because if I must buy blu ray plyer or multimedia center, I don't know why I paid 1000$ for it, that this TV knows nothing.

I seriously think, that it was bad purchase.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you considered a dedicated Network Media Player - that can handle BD ISO and/or VC-1 supported.

I purchased one, and its been one of my best investments ever - as playing movies/music files is a big deal to me. 

I dont think any of the major TV brands support VC-1 anyhow (I could be wrong though)

NOTE: Im sure we had this conversation back in Jan this year.

profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

VC-1 thats a blast from the past, not sure hw popular it is these days and as it is/was a propritary MS standard ( like Apple & Quicktime - but far less popular!!) not sure of the appeitie to support it. on TV's etc.. 

profile.country.en_GB.title
chris198810
New

As far as I know, if you get a professional video converter to fulfill the vc-1 to h.264 conversion, you won't need to worry about the quality loss.

I've applied Brorsoft Video Converter to convert a pile of my video files, the image and sound are maintained at a very good quality in the output files. The quality loss could be ignore if you don't make a further editing work by frame to frame.