Join now - be part of our community!

W8 BBC iplayer Help

SOLVED
Allyboy65
Explorer

W8 BBC iplayer Help

Hope someone can help me out got a new modem (superhub 2) from virgin media on friday and since then everytime i go into the iplayer app it loads ok but when i click to play something it just stays at the spinning loading sign. Every thing else still works Demand 5 YouTube etc am guessing i just have to enable or disenable something?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Allyboy65
Explorer

Thanks for the help guys finally got it fixed after trying many things. I removed it from my Applications menu and Refreshed the Internet Content and it worked.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Interesting indeed.  So it worked find before the new router (as i read it), Im wondering if a port needs forwarding on the router itself in order for this to work.  Unfortunately, in this case, your first point of call is virgin themselves. 

Unsure if this will work, but.....You could try giving the TV a fixed IP address (and other network settings), going to the routers configuration, and setting the TV's ip address in the DMZ, and see if that works.

In the end of the day, if it worked before on an older router, but not on the new, you need to give your ISP a call.

Hope that helps.

Allyboy65
Explorer

Yes it worked fine before iplayer still works on my pc and android phone to.

profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

Shouldn't have to change anything,  - I've just gone from Superhub to Superhub 2 and didn't change anything. Maybe buzz virgin and get them to reset your connection, and make sure you haev the latest firmware on the TV also.Are you connecting wirelessly or via wired?

thanks

Allyboy65
Explorer

Thanks for the reply Catmambo i was on superhub before also have tried everything wirelessly wired port forwarding still no joy. It's just really annoying that everything else works but when i try play something on iplayer it gets stuck at loading screen.

profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

I'm really not impressed with Superhub 2. My first one was swapped out as wifi kept crashing every other day and would need resetting. New one was fine for a month and started doing the same, so I think I might revert to Superhub 1 as that was always rock solid for me..

Shame as Superhub 2 was meant to have amazing wireless.

Allyboy65
Explorer

Thanks for the help guys finally got it fixed after trying many things. I removed it from my Applications menu and Refreshed the Internet Content and it worked.