Join now - be part of our community!

W905a Dropping Network Connection

profile.country.en_GB.title
AronGamble
Explorer

W905a Dropping Network Connection

I have a W905a which keeps dropping the network connection to my home network.

I have tried both wired and wi-fi connections - The wired connection works fine on my laptop and with other devices. The wi-fi signal is also strong and works great with other devices.

The connection is lost at various stages, sometime while i'm looking at the network status screen it will be ok then it will say 'failed'. If I reconnect it works for a few minutes then drops again. It drops 2 minutes into watching SEN content and also drops when trying to refresh the nework content.

I have updated to the latest firmware

I have also reset to factory settings

This happens for both a wired and a wireless connection

I have reset my router many times and tried many different cables.

Any help would be great as if I can't get it working the TV is going back and i'll buy another brand.

Many thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Im going to leave the wireless issue out of it at the moment (as it complicates matters).  It is interesting thought that you get network dropouts in a wired state.  I can only think of the following 4 reasons on why this would happen :

1. You have a faulty network cable - Try replacing the network cable with another one as a test, ensure that the LAN light, lights up on your router when connecting it up.
  2. You have a faulty port (either on your router or TV itself) - Try plugging the network cable in another LAN port on your router.  Even test the LAN port on another device like a PC/Laptop.  Also, check the back of the TV on the LAN port to see if there is any lights, lit up (if possible, not always there are lights).  Especially if/when it drops out.  If possible, try another router.
  3. IP Address Conflict - Two or more devices on your network may have the same IP address (if they are not configured via DHCP).  Check to see if this is the case.  I personally would set as many devices up with a static IP address and write it all down. 
  4. The DNS server - Try changing the DNS server away from your ISP's (especially if you are on TalkTalk).  Test it with googles (8.8.8.8)

Thats all I can think of at the moment.

Hope that helps

Cheers.

profile.country.en_GB.title
AronGamble
Explorer

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

1) Network Cable - I've tried 3 cables that I know work with other devices. They all light up on the router when i plug them in but goes out just before the TV reports a network failure. I'll see if there are any lights on the TV lagter but I don't remember seeing any.

2) Router Port - All the ports are working ok with my PC and other devices (cable box and BluRay player)

3) IP Conflict - I'll set everything to static later and see if this helps.

4) DNS - I'll try this later if everything else fails.

Thanks again for your help, it's a great TV and it would be a shame not to keep it.

Cheers.