Join now - be part of our community!

Wall mounting a Bravia KDL42W653A

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
FrattonEnder
Explorer

Wall mounting a Bravia KDL42W653A

Can anyone explain to me, from eithr the Community or preferably from Sony, why I am unable to find any information about wall mounting my new KDL42W653A?  I don't want to fit the standard wall mount bracket as due to the design of my room I need to have it at a slight angle on the wall so the whole family can see the screen.  If this a deliberate design feature then it is very arrogant of Sony to assume everyone on the planet wants to do it this way.  Confused!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

@dylanhudson has provided information in this thread on an adapter that is available to purchase direct form Sony customer service.

VESA Adapter - Copy.JPG

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi FrattonEnder and welcome to the Community.

I don't have an exact answer for you but the people in This Thread have had queries too.

Have you seen the Wall Mount Bracket Installation Guide for your model?

It's Here in case you haven't.

Hopefully a TV enthusiast will be able to help :slight_smile:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there FrattonEnder

To answer your question - This model television does NOT have the standard VESA holes that you would normally see.  This is by design (of which I personally hope Sony do not do again).  You cannot use any other bracket other that what it has been designed for either.

Saying that, there are reports on other forums that people have engineered their own wall mount by creating a bracket of either strong wood or a metal plate.  The theroy goes that you have a square piece of wood, drill the standard size VESA holes into it (depending on your wall mount).  Mount the TV to the piece of wood, then mount the two (TV and wood) to the wall mount.

I hope that answers your question.

Cheers

EDIT: I should probably mention, that the mounting workaround, is probably not supported by Sony.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Thanks Quinnicus - I feared this would be the case :slight_frown:

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is indeed.

However, I have just done a quick google search, it seems that a company has now created its own off-the-shelf wall mount for the W6 range.

http://www.av4home.co.uk/blog/guides/wall-mounting-a-new-sony-kdl-w6-series-tv/

profile.country.GB.title
FrattonEnder
Explorer

Thanks for the research and advice Quinnicus.

I've looked at the brackets and they're out of my price range. Considerably more expensive than BracketsRus where I had bought previous brackets from.

It looks like I'll have to get the welding kit out.  I love it when a plan comes together!

pennbank
profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

@dylanhudson has provided information in this thread on an adapter that is available to purchase direct form Sony customer service.

VESA Adapter - Copy.JPG

profile.country.GB.title
Joball64
Explorer

Dear Sir,Madam,

A ` VESA ` adapter is needed for my 50" Sony Bravia model no.KDL50W82B which I have learned is needed to adapt my tilt/ swivel wall bracket before it will fit.

Regards,

John Ballantyne

email: Joballantyne@gmail.com