Join now - be part of our community!

When are ITV Player and 4OD coming to BRAVIA?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
ISMADDER
Visitor

When are ITV Player and 4OD coming to BRAVIA?

Any Date yet For ITV PLAYER and CHANNEL 4 ON DEMAND ?

Message was edited by: Catmambo

Message was edited by: Thalamus.

made thread a sticky

Tags (5)
337 REPLIES 337
bryfly
New

Thanks for the link to the facebook page, having read it i did not realise that the new Sony Bravia's had access to both, if they are actually on the new models it seems a fair questiion to the Sony Rep's on this site..........who surely must know thw answer...

"Why hasnt Sony updated other internet Sony TV's with ITV player and 4OD"

Two questions with easy answers...

1) Is it going to happen ?...........answer = ......yes or no..

2) If so when?...........................answer =...... implementation date..

iagibso49

I'm really disappointed considering Playstation has a lot of these features. My impression of Sony as a premium brand has changed. Throughout my life I've always associated Sony with higher levels of support and innovation. Unfortunately no longer.

Diablo599
Visitor

I am very disappointed with Sony with regard to their content and in particular with the TV on demand elements.

Other manufacturers such as Samsung have these services on their TVs already, I actually swapped a samsung as I was not keen on the picture quality but it did never the less already run these services on their smart hub.  I am beginning to regret my decision to move to Sony.

Come on Sony, pull your finger out and get it done (whatever it takes), you are behind the curve as others are already there!!

No excuses thank you, they will fall on deaf ears.  You are a big enough Corporation to make this happen but are dragging your heels if others can and have already dont it.

Catmambo
Contributor

Hi Diablo

Its simply not true that Samsung have them.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/tvapps/featured-tv-apps.html

Obviously the NDA's we have in place with the broadcasters prevent me from divulging too much detail, but you'll note that no TV manufacturer offers ITV and Channel 4. A few devices do already support them such as PS3 ( delivered via flash - which since Adobe's announcement last month isn't really being developed much more) but the challenges around delivering them to Smart TV are far greater for a number of reasons.

We continue to engage with all the broadcasters and 3rd party video providers on a regular basis to offer their latest services where possible and indeed should have some new services going live in January.

Happily answer questions if I'm able to.

Thanks

SNJ170
New

This thread has been going on far too long - over 12 months. ITV Player and 4OD are already available via 'normal' internet and iPad. Not having them on Bravia Internet makes a mockery of Sony claim to have an internet enabled TV. At best it is a 'limited' internet enabled tv! A continuing absence coupled with a near total silence on the subject damages the Sony reputation and sullies an otherwise excellent tv.

COME ON SONY

wozza999
Visitor

Hi, can you pls explain (in simple terms) what HBBTV is and how we may receive it? Are all the 20011 Bravia's def compatible ? I am looking to purchase 2 more Bravia's above 40" and am not prepared to lay out a lot of money without some sort of answers, everytime i ring sony customer services thay just no idea what i am on about. Also will this service be coming soon in 2012? many thanks

seankey
Visitor

Hi eas37s02,

I have a HUMAX and the ITV Player hasn't been working for weeks, and I can't find 4OD on it either.

Still, I had a very firm expectation when I bought Sony Blu Ray that ITV Player and 4OD would be coming, I'm a bit dissapointed with the online offerrings, apart from the BBC iPlayer..

drkcwu

This is driving me bonkers. I've had 2 TVs for almost a year now and still know sign. My 2010 models will probaby incompatible by the time 4od and itv player arrive, if ever. Both my father in law and brother in law have been impressed by the TVs, mainly the iplayer and youtube and now want smart tvs but I've warned them off over this issue, which they weren't aware of. Afterall, they'll only end up as fed up as me.

FGS Sony, where are they????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Batfinkk

Seems like Channel 4 have replied to the Facebook group..

Dear xxxx, Thank you for your email regarding 4oD. I am afraid that 4oD is not available to Sony Internet TV users. This may be something that we might look provide in future but we have no set timeframe for this at present. I am sorry for any disappointment this might cause. If you require further information, feel free to email me back or visit http://www.channel4.com/4viewers/faq

Regards Ed Black
Channel 4 Customer Support

So seems that Channel 4 aren't making it available to anyone at the moment...so not much Sony can do on this it would seem until C4 want to play ball. Maybe everyone can just chill out now for a bit!

djstewartread
Visitor

Hi there,

Not sure if this is something that you may already be looking at but it would be nice to see a few more internet widgets.

At the moment it seems that there are only a handful available to UK owners.  At the very least a weather widget would be great for me .... maybe even a stocks / shares one?

:slight_smile: